1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving a sky box to another room?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mickyc1, Sep 5, 2004.

1. mickyc1

mickyc1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all, im new here so go easy :smashin:

iv moved rooms and the sky box is in the old room, with the dish just outside that window. i dont know what i have to do to move the dish as i dont have ebough cable to move it down to the new room. what sort of cable would i need and what sort of connector would i need? would i need to ring sky or would any1 be able to do this and save much needed £££

thanks in advance

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To move the dish, you'll probably need a 13mm spanner, electric drill, 10mm masonry bit, suitable expanding wall bolts and a satfinder meter (or a lot of patience).

Be sure to use proper satellite cable to reconnect the LNB to the Digibox and weatherproof the connection.

3. mickyc1

mickyc1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i meant move the box :oops: i only realised there now i had made that mistake :censored: any1 help :lease:

4. r4nd0m

r4nd0m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

If you don't want to move your Skybox, use the 2nd RF output which you can send to another room and using a DigiEye (samson make them) you can control you Skybox (IR)from the remote room with only RF cabling and your existing remote.

r4nd0m

5. cinesom

cinesom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go and buy enough meters of satellite coaxial cable to join the dish to the new place for the satellite receiver, two "F" connectors, connect one end to the dish and the other to the satellite box, hey presto. Or do as r4Ndom suggests.