1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving a Rear pro TV.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by clancol, Sep 12, 2003.

1. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    whats the restrictions when moving a Rp tv (apart from the size)
    Are they ok to be tilted i.e. to slide up stairs.
    has anyone suffered any problems with say lens adjusment after moving in this way.

Ta

2. dBa

dBa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to sort of hijack the thread but I've got a similar question ........

I'm in the land of skiing, cakes and leather shorts (Austria). It seems there is a very large premium on RP TV's compared to Germany (c.a. 30% cheaper). It there any sense in me driving 5 hrs over to Germany with a van and picking up a RP TV (saving up to 1000 Euros) or will it be in bits by the time I get past Munich?

3. kron

kron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I expect the the tv that you pick up from germany has already been on long journey from where ever it was made to the shop where you will be buying it ,so i don't suppose another few hundred miles will hurt, as long you don't go off road in a 4x4 that is :)

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    clancol....my RPTV was delivered in a not very well laid out van and had to be manhandled round various other electrical goods and then off a tail-lift and onto a trolley(yes,one of those really narrow trollies not suitable for TVs)and over an uneven driveway/garden and then into the house.

The point of that long-winded story is that when it eventually made it into the house,bumping and all,it was fine....even straight out of the box the convergence was acceptable.

I would imagine that if you treat yours with at least the same level of care that mine received via the delivery crew,you will have no problems.

5. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks for that alexs

6. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Hope it helps....aside from the bulk,the Toshiba RPTV's seem very well put together generally,and it didn't seem to suffer from being delivered by the men who deliver washing machines usually(their quote,not mine)and in the same general style as one.