Question Moving a front door sensor and replacing battery in PIR

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Juiceloose, Apr 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Juiceloose

Juiceloose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    I have a Pyronix enforcer wireless alarm system and one of the CR123 batteries has died in one of the PIR detectors. Is it just a case of unscrewing the front cover and fitting the replacement battery and the unit will work or will it need re-pairing to the control panel?

I am also having a new front door and frame installed this Friday and the existing door has a detector secured to it. The actual detector can be found here

MC1MINI-WE | Pyronix

Can I just unscrew both from the current door and frame and screw them back onto the new door and frame or will they need to be re-paired to the control panel?

2. blicky_1

blicky_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    You will be fine with both (will not need re-pairing) the alarm will however sound (tamper) when you take the covers off if you don't have the engineer code, just silence with your code/tag and reset with your code/tag. Door contact just needs to be aligned correctly.

Also if one battery has gone I suggest you replace all of them at the same time.

3. Juiceloose

Juiceloose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Thank you Blicky, much appreciated. I'll purchase a pack of ten batteries.

4. Juiceloose

Juiceloose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Blicky,

Do you happen to know how to access the menu to pair up an new front door sensor. The guys replacing the door accidentally broke the front door sensor when removing the old front door. I have ordered a replacement off the internet but can't seem to seem to find or access a menu to allow me to search for pair a new sensor. I have two codes I can input which provide me various options. One is my normal user code and I assume the other is the master menu code and neither appear to allow me access to the menu I require.

Can pairing only be done from the engineer menu? If so, do you happen to know how to access it?

5. blicky_1

blicky_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    Engineer menu feature only i'm afraid, factory code is 1111 if it's not that it will need to be clean started and the whole system set back up again :(

You would normally get a user & a manager code.

6. Juiceloose

Juiceloose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    I've tried 1111 and it doesn't work. Is there anyway I can give it a clean start and do a fresh install? I have a user code and manager code which both work but no engineer code. If I can't I can pick up a new panel only off a well known auction site.

7. blicky_1

blicky_1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +516
    There will be a procedure to carry this out, I don't know it though. Maybe google is your friend :)