movietyme

leon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hiya just a small question has anyone ever had trouble with this firm who sell dvd,s http://store.movietyme.com/index.html i have ordered a dts version of the haunting 10 days ago and i live in the uk ,,,just wondered how reliable they are ,,,,thx

my setup ...http://www.ronin100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk///

i've had no problems whatsoever with movietyme. after express.com went belly up they became my region 1 supplier and have been very pleased with their service. i even had almost famous delivered 2 days after ordering it!! however, the only problems i have had have been with the post office. i ordered the region 1 close encounters and crouching tiger and after 3 weeks of waiting i went to the my local post office to see if was there. the day after, they arrived through my door having been postmarked 4 days after ordering! so the problem may not be with movietyme but with the postal service.
hope this helps.
i know what its like waiting for dvds..... :mad:

HI
Just like to let you know that MOVIETYME will not even reply to my emails I have sent to them IN which on 2/5/01 have taken from my visa BIG trouble in little CHINA. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by MUD:
<STRONG>HI
Just like to let you know that MOVIETYME will not even reply to my emails I have sent to them IN which on 2/5/01 have taken from my visa BIG trouble in little CHINA. :mad: :mad: :mad:</STRONG>

Have you filled out the Lost Mail Sheet available HERE?

Im still waiting for my dts of the haunting :( i sent them a email and they did not reply i sent one again abit more angry and they replied saying sorry but they are waiting on stock ..not the answer i wanted :( ill be sticking to play 24/7 for my 20 dvds a month

http://www.ronin100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk///

Leon,

I know it is frustrating having to wait, but the dts -es disc was a limited press compared to the DD version. I know some people are now finding it hard to track copies down. Hang in there it is worth the wait for that surround track, whilst the movie is missable.

Good luck,

Phil, :)

Hi Leon (What a fun site you have!) :)

After buying my Denon AVC-A1SE early in June I just HAD to have all the DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete Discs available to hear things at their best, so I ordered the DTS version of The Haunting from Movietyme on June 12th. I had e-mail confirmation of shipping on the 13th and I received my disc on the 21st of June! It all went smoothly for me. Play 247 could not supply the DTS version of this disc, only the DD 5.1, Region 1 version.

I was definitely pleased with their service but I must admit that I haven't ordered from them before.

Regards

Jim :D

PS I actually had about 6 friendly e-mails from them including 4 replies to queries I posed!

For example:-
"Hi, thanks for the mail, I am not sure we can supply this disc for you as I think it is only DTS 5.1 not 6.1. Do you still require it if this is the case?

Kind regards

Norm"

[ 03-07-2001: Message edited by: Jim Robson ]

cool i have it at last :) not to bad it took about 2 weeks ...... but it was out of stock ,cool sound track but a sad film :) :)

I only bought it for the DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 sound track and didn't know what the film was about anyway. I rather enjoyed it actually! You should have seen my mate jump when the skeleton jumped out of the ashes in the fireplace!!

Regards

:) :) :) my girlie freaked out and she had seen it once before ,, :D :D

Must say that www.discemporium have NEVER let me down.

Indeed I don't ever record a bad thing said about them on this forum except for their higher prices.

:( My first experience with this firm is not good. Ordered a disc from them almost 3 weeks ago. Not a sniff. Emailed them. Not a sniff. STILL WAITING

Moral of the story: Use www.play247.com if its in stock its with you in 3-4 days :cool:
I've only got myself to blame :)

Just a quick update. Didnt get a reply to my email :( . The disc just turned up today :) . Thats 3 weeks to the day. Oh well, at least I got it ;)

Originally posted by Jim Robson
I only bought it for the DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 sound track and didn't know what the film was about anyway. I rather enjoyed it actually! You should have seen my mate jump when the skeleton jumped out of the ashes in the fireplace!!

Regards

F**kin 2 right, i virtually threw half a mug of coffee over myself, nothing has ever made me jump more than that F**ker. :eek:

Originally posted by chris thomas
i virtually threw half a mug of coffee over myself, nothing has ever made me jump more than that

You must have been in a state of shock - it has taken you nearly a year to reply here! :eek: :D

Originally posted by Lex

You must have been in a state of shock - it has taken you nearly a year to reply here! :eek: :D
Thanks again lex, and by the way i was,
in my defence , just lookin through a few old threads on dts , es, was glad to hear it wasn,t just me who nearly ****e myself at that seen, ;)

I have never had any problems with movietyme. I have used them for over two years now. The only problem is that delivery is slightly slower than play247 (who are my main supplier of dvd's). But movietyme do more limited edition and hard to get dvd's than play do.:cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom