• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Movietyme - very poor customer service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disturber

As the title says, purchased a HD-DVD drive add on at the start of the month from Movietyme. Initially worked fine before crashing. Posted the below thread but problem was not resolved.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437698&highlight=broken

Sent an email to Movietyme on the 10th and received a reply on the 14th asking if it was still causing me problems (like it was going to repair itself!).
I replied back, twice, but have still not heard anything. Has anyone else had bad experiences with them in the past and do you have any ideas on how to contact them.

I did see a post on here the other day from someone stating that Movietyme replied after just 2 hours to sort a replacement, that was on the 5th however. I appreciate the time of year, but one email in 10 days is very poor.

dannius

A couple of people who work for movietyme are members on here, I think roughneck1 is one of them.

Maybe drop him a PM?

I found movietyme's customer services to be excellent when I contacted them, but I didn't have anything faulty to return so no really the same thing.

Bald Monkey

Distinguished Member
I've not had any reason to contact customer service, but have found them great to use so far. I've got my addon and several multiple HD-DVD orders from tham without a glitch. In fact I ordered a couple of HD-DVD's on Monday and they arrived today!! :clap: :clap:

myersfan73

I've had missing & faulty item's. When i've contacted movietymes customer service they've been nothing short of excellent. I've been buying from them for around about's 4 years, must be the time of year!

:)

Bruvva

Can't recommend them enough.

My 360 HD-DVD drive worked fine but after a day was making a right racket when the disc span. I got in touch with Movietyme via email and Nigel replied to me within a couple of hours of them getting in after Thanksgiving.

Nigel sorted a courier replacement within 3 days where Citilink took my faulty one and gave me a brand new one in exchange. Brilliant service - especially as I was worried about the warranty with ordering from another country.

Also since, I have had the occasional HD-DVD disc order seem to get stuck in either "processing" or "pre-ordered" an email to them has been responded to within two hours and the order kickstarted back in to life.

No hesitation in recommending them. Nigel and Craig are both really helpful.

Just a note - it would appear that they have changed the contact email for support so I would suggest people check the site. One other quick bit of advice - place your orders in dollars because at the moment with the pound being so strong, you can save yourself an extra pound or two! :clap:

Bruv

Disturber

Thanks for the replys, just checked my emails and have one from Nigel. It appears that they have sorted me a replacement for tommorow, but hadn't emailed previously due to the time of year.
Very relieved as had been thinking what a great company they had been.

samjpullen

Thanks for the replys, just checked my emails and have one from Nigel. It appears that they have sorted me a replacement for tommorow, but hadn't emailed previously due to the time of year.
Very relieved as had been thinking what a great company they had been.
I can't recomend Craig and the Movietyme guys (maybe gals ?)

Instant replys to my e-mails i have done in the past.

Sandy13

I was having a trouble free relationship with them until recently. I ordered a HD DVD on 4/11/06, had the dispatched notice on 20/11, it hadn't arrived within their timescale (15 working days), so I reported this to them, three times, I then had an email asking me to wait a further seven days, which is understandable at this time of year. The last contact I had from them was on 19/12, asking if it had arrived, I said it had not, and it still has not. They sent me a couple of money off codes today, they wont be used until my DVD arrives.

Forgot to say, I am also still waiting for my pre-order of Harry Potter.

R

Roughneck1

I was having a trouble free relationship with them until recently. I ordered a HD DVD on 4/11/06, had the dispatched notice on 20/11, it hadn't arrived within their timescale (15 working days), so I reported this to them, three times, I then had an email asking me to wait a further seven days, which is understandable at this time of year. The last contact I had from them was on 19/12, asking if it had arrived, I said it had not, and it still has not. They sent me a couple of money off codes today, they wont be used until my DVD arrives.

Forgot to say, I am also still waiting for my pre-order of Harry Potter.

I cannot comment on the first issue until i am back in the office next year.. but pre order of Harry Potter? The only pre order still outstanding for Harry Potters would be HD ones.. in which case you would be seeming to blame us for a title that is not even released yet on US HD DVD - is this correct?

Sorry if its not but i cannot think of any other HP title..

Sandy13

I cannot comment on the first issue until i am back in the office next year.. but pre order of Harry Potter? The only pre order still outstanding for Harry Potters would be HD ones.. in which case you would be seeming to blame us for a title that is not even released yet on US HD DVD - is this correct?

Sorry if its not but i cannot think of any other HP title..

Yes, it is the one, if it's not been released, I apologise, it's just I read on these forums of it being sold or traded. I edited my post without checking first.
The other HD title mentioned in my post is Forbidden Planet.

natoffski

The hardest thing with movietyme when you email movietyme the guy is over in america and im in uk and it took email after email then i rang them in UK and they couldnt help and told me to email another guy which i did 3 times he never got back to me it took over a month for me to recieve my hd dvd player and movies when they said at the start 3-4 days in stock and if i want one order it straight away which i did , And did nothing but wait and email thm .. i finally rang and spoke to sarah(in UK ) even tho she was only suppose to work in orders she helped me alot

Chris05

Same complaint here as many of you. No reply to emails and there also seems to be a consistent complaint that units are not delivered on time or at all.

I ordered my HD-DVD drive weeks ago and got an email saying it would be delivered next day by City Link (no tracking number supplied). No unit arrived and I am still waiting.

From reading this forum and a few others this seems to be a common occurance.

Very poor service all round.

ScottW75

I ordered my HD-DVD drive weeks ago and got an email saying it would be delivered next day by City Link (no tracking number supplied). No unit arrived and I am still waiting.

So you waited this long before chasing it???

If it was next day delivery i would have been shouting at citylink and MT until got an answer the very next day. Seems a bit odd you've left it this long.....

Chris05

I waited as it said to give them 15 days before querying it. This I have now done. I would have chased it up with City Link but MovieTyme did not give me a consignment or tracking number.

No reply to emails either. Poor customer service all round.

R

Roughneck1

Same complaint here as many of you. No reply to emails and there also seems to be a consistent complaint that units are not delivered on time or at all.

From reading this forum and a few others this seems to be a common occurance.

Not at all out of hundreds of drives shipped only a few have not arrived on time.

No emails have been sent as we are off until next week as stated on the site.

Please PM me your order number and i shall find out where your drive is.

EDIT: I have just checked our emails and you have only sent us 1 email on Dec 28th (we are not back until next week). I have now emailed you back the tracking number that states your local City Link still has your drive and that we shipped it exactly when we said we did. So i am scratching my head as to how on earth we have provided bad service?

Greggles

I ordered several in-stock Blu-Ray discs on 20th December and 26th December and the order status has remained as "recieved" ever since. Yes I know its Christmas but I was expecting at least the first one to be dispatched by now!

I have now cancelled them, for which MovieTyme charge 50p per title, and the status is "Pending Cancellation". I want to order from an alternative supplier, but am worried that ;ll end up with duplicates?

the boots man

it says on thier websites main page that the customer services department will be closed from december 22nd through january 2nd, thats why your order will be remaining as order taken, i too ordered some stuff from movietyme between these dates and i never expected them to be processed untill at least the 3rd of january when the customer services department is open again. plus they will probably have alot of back orders to complete, be patient :)

mongosito

Banned
I ordered several in-stock Blu-Ray discs on 20th December and 26th December and the order status has remained as "recieved" ever since. Yes I know its Christmas but I was expecting at least the first one to be dispatched by now!

I have now cancelled them, for which MovieTyme charge 50p per title, and the status is "Pending Cancellation". I want to order from an alternative supplier, but am worried that ;ll end up with duplicates?

Why do you have to pay 50p to cancel?

Surely this does not apply to all items?

Greggles

it says on thier websites main page that the customer services department will be closed from december 22nd through january 2nd, thats why your order will be remaining as order taken

I completely missed the above on the website. I have today received several emails from Movie Tyme confirming cancellation of said Blu-Ray discs, for which I was not charged 50p as previously stated. All in all I think my eagerness (impatience) to get my hands on some discs to play on my new BD player got the better of me.

I therefore feel obliged to retract all negative comments made about Movie Tyme ,whom I have used successfully in the past, and will do again in the future

Chris05

Not at all out of hundreds of drives shipped only a few have not arrived on time.

No emails have been sent as we are off until next week as stated on the site.

Please PM me your order number and i shall find out where your drive is.

EDIT: I have just checked our emails and you have only sent us 1 email on Dec 28th (we are not back until next week). I have now emailed you back the tracking number that states your local City Link still has your drive and that we shipped it exactly when we said we did. So i am scratching my head as to how on earth we have provided bad service?

Bad service is not providing your customers with a tracking number in the first place. Its also common practice to have an out of office reply to emails detailing that the office is closed and when you are likely to be reopen.

Pretty basic stuff, but details that would go a long way to ensuring that you have happy customers.

**edit**
I now have my HD-DVD drive after 7 calls to City Link today. Box is very badly beaten up (not MovieTymes fault) but content seems in OK condition. Hopefully all will be in working order when I find an appropriate power cable.

R

Roughneck1

Bad service is not providing your customers with a tracking number in the first place. Its also common practice to have an out of office reply to emails detailing that the office is closed and when you are likely to be reopen.

Pretty basic stuff, but details that would go a long way to ensuring that you have happy customers.

**edit**
I now have my HD-DVD drive after 7 calls to City Link today. Box is very badly beaten up (not MovieTymes fault) but content seems in OK condition. Hopefully all will be in working order when I find an appropriate power cable.

Only way to get a tracking number is to go and look up each shipment one at a time and then email customers. I suppose this could be done but one could at least half the amount of shipping then that would get done.

The out of office email is a very good idea actually and one i shall see if can work.

We do listen and act upon Customer suggestions as you can see.

Also for the hassle that you have had (even though it was not our fault) - please PM me as i would like to offer you a free HD DVD title by way of compensation...

dobobobo

Standard Member
Also for the hassle that you have had (even though it was not our fault) - please PM me as i would like to offer you a free HD DVD title by way of compensation...

Dude, is it wise to advertise on here you offer free HD DVD's when customers have problems? I mean look in the DVD bargain thread, plenty of posts that have voucher codes for any Joe Bloggs to use. And some of the criticism i have seen of this company just mainly seems to be down to impatience.

(Before anyone even begins to bother posting a reply and for the sake of avoiding argument. I don't agree with using vouchers codes you are not entitled to. However it's up to you if you want to use them and up to the company's to stop you.)

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Mod Comment Can I just remind people that this is not a support forum for Movietyme or any other company, we have let this thread continue as it gives Movietyme a right to reply which they have done now. Please do not use the thread to ask questions about personal orders etc, you can use your emails for that.

AidenL

I have received some faulty HD DVDs, Miami Vice and King Kong - they will play the SD side, but not the HD side, emailed Movietyme 3 times over the last 2 weeks, and no replies received - I orderd a lot of DVDs from them over the past while, but couldn't deal with them again based on this lack of response - I'm really disappointed in them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom