movietyme still no.1

klacey

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have noticed movietyme have been getting a lot of stick recently, which i think is totally unfair on movietyme.
Like Craig has mentioned before they have untold amounts of orders coming in daily, and you have to remember they have a staff of 6 people, dealing with all the emails, orders, card transactions etc......
So i thought someone should stick up for them, and im sure im not alone in thinking they are still the best around.

So thanks to Craig and the team for all your efforts, and putting up with all those who have been ****ing you off.

:thumbsup: to MOVIETYME.

Agree 100% :thumbsup:

One of the main reasons why i've stayed away from movietyme is that it's a bit more expensive than dvdworldusa and dvdpacific, even sendit.com, correct me if I am wrong. Obviously all the bad reports put me off too.

One of the main reasons why i've stayed away from movietyme is that it's a bit more expensive than dvdworldusa and dvdpacific, even sendit.com, correct me if I am wrong. Obviously all the bad reports put me off too.

Got to take into account that delivery is free, and when its not as crazy with the christmas period, you get them within 2-3 days.

klacey well i think you are wrong m8 ive waited over 2 weeks for a film, and then to be told it was not in stock, and is it our fault that they only have 6 people working for them at this busy time of year,they take your money quick enough dont they,and to put a order down as processing when they havent any in stock is wrong. it should go down as out of stock like other companies do.soon as my film is changed to another one,i wont be using them no more play is far better IMO

you get them within 2-3 days.

klacey,sorry mate but i use Movietyme all the time but that statement is completly untrue.:eek:

I've also been stitched up on next day delivery's on more then one occassion,when the site says there in stock and there not.

klacey well i think you are wrong m8 ive waited over 2 weeks for a film, and then to be told it was not in stock, and is it our fault that they only have 6 people working for them at this busy time of year,they take your money quick enough dont they,and to put a order down as processing when they havent any in stock is wrong. it should go down as out of stock like other companies do.soon as my film is changed to another one,i wont be using them no more play is far better IMO

It does state on there site that they take the money from your account if its close to or past the release, regardless of it being in stock or not.

thats not the point the point is if something is out of stock it should show as out of stock not processing, as a lot of people would go else were if it was not in stock and they know this thats why they dont put it up,

klacey,sorry mate but i use Movietyme all the time but that statement is completly untrue.:eek:

I've also been stitched up on next day delivery's on more then one occassion,when the site says there in stock and there not.

Again you fail to mention, having posted about this on more than one occasion yourself, that i did advise you that at the start of the free offer of HD movies with players we were caught out on Next Day section as we had to use allocations with player orders.
This was addressed and sorted out but yes you did get caught out.
I have explained this to you many times but you seem to only wish to post comments like this without giving the full story.

With regards to your title, i agree with you. Although abit of a strange situation tbh as we were promised some only to be let down. Also strange in a sense that HD is a growing format and as such titles go like MI3 go out of stock and take time to respress.
We did get caught out on this one so you are correct.

As for taking the money quick.. errm no actually we don't.. alot of sites have auto billing as soon as you place the order, we don't.

Again you fail to mention, having posted about this on more than one occasion yourself, that i did advise you that at the start of the free offer of HD movies with players we were caught out on Next Day section as we had to use allocations with player orders.
This was addressed and sorted out but yes you did get caught out.
I have explained this to you many times but you seem to only wish to post comments like this without giving the full story.

Complete rubbish,i mentioned it as it was the truth,i also started a thread when i had trouble with my HD player ,and you was top notch at sorting it out.So in no way am i taking sides just stating facts.Not my fault you can't keep your website upto date.

Won't bother next time if you can't take the truth.

Complete rubbish,i mentioned it as it was the truth,i also started a thread when i had trouble with my HD player ,and you was top notch at sorting it out.So in no way am i taking sides just stating facts.Not my fault you can't keep your website upto date.

Won't bother next time if you can't take the truth.

Noted...

Has nothing whatsoever to do with keeping the site upto date as you put it.. just something that caught us off guard and was sorted out.

I've used Movietyme, on and off, for ages, and the delivery time does sometimes vary, like with any company.

I can't fault them, They got me a HD DVD drive from the US a damn sight quicker than Play.com could send me UK one!

down for me too - it doesn't fill you with confidence to have an order youve been billed for stuck on processing for ages, with no replies to emails and PMs to roughneck bounced :(

perhaps there wouldn't be any need for movietyme to carry out their "CS" in someone elses forums during the busy period if they spent their time dealing with orders and customer enquiries instead.

Just pm craig it went down at 8.30 and should be back up at 1.00.:thumbsup:

down for me too - it doesn't fill you with confidence to have an order youve been billed for stuck on processing for ages, with no replies to emails and PMs to roughneck bounced :(

perhaps there wouldn't be any need for movietyme to carry out their "CS" in someone elses forums during the busy period if they spent their time dealing with orders and customer enquiries instead.

You have to be joking right...?

I am getting PM's through fine so not too sure what you are on about there.. and as for the last part of this post.. okay so i should now start to ignore posts on here.. well sorry it aint gonna happen.
I come on here as i like to do and if i see someone needs help for whatever reason i will assist.
Most members on forums wish more companies would have an active member of a company on the boards they visit..

EDIT: Errm you have just sent me a PM and its not bounced.. so i am about to do exactly what you are having a go about above... i give up...!

You have to be joking right...?

I am getting PM's through fine so not too sure what you are on about there.. and as for the last part of this post.. okay so i should now start to ignore posts on here.. well sorry it aint gonna happen.
I come on here as i like to do and if i see someone needs help for whatever reason i will assist.
Most members on forums wish more companies would have an active member of a company on the boards they visit..

no I'm not joking - I have just successfully PM'd you, but on my previous attempt was told that your box was full and my message could not be sent. Couple this with unanswered emails and non-moving (billed for!) orders, and the impression with which I am left is diabolical.

edit: subsequently, thank you for dealing with my issues via PM.

Well I gave Movietyme another order after receiving the first (5 HD DVD)in 5 days inc Sat +Sunday recently. I placed the second order on the 7th for 5 more HD DVD and they have shipped 12th. should receive them this week will update when they arrive . So I`ve got to give the :thumbsup: to Craig and Movietyme .
:thumbsup:

hi guys

i orded three hd dvds on the 8th and it says queued for process now its been like it for a couple of days now. any ideas guys to how long it usualy takes

cheers chris

I made an order with them on the 7th and it was shipped out on the 12th as well, can't say its bad service considering its being sent from the USA.

I have never had a problem with Movietyme and can't see why i ever would so far.

Just wish the shipping was a tiny bit faster as my first order from dvdworldusa was ordered 3min after my Movietyme and it was recived today.

But i did pay extra for the delivery so i guess thats why i got it faster.

Can't fault either company and i shall be doing business with both in the near future.

:thumbsup:

I first bought off Movietyme when it was just a couple of guys at the Watford Film Fair and I was really pleased to get US Marshals for £14.99, which was incredibly cheap back then.

I never realised there was only a staff of 6 with only 3 in the UK so they must be working pretty damn hard to sort orders this Xmas.

On the other hand its not our fault they are understaffed ,however not having info must be the key to every problem.

Now I know there's only 3 people in the UK I am prepared to accept a slightly slower response to emails than normal.

Movietyme need to give us info.

I think thats what people like about PLAY.
If a dvd is listed it shows if its in stock or not,a vital bit of info for many.
And it should only show as processing once the item is in stock and your card is being sorted.

I think following those rules would eliminate virtually every complaint Movietyme have had this Xmas.

So how about it,...and where's my refund:D

do you get done for tax\customs when ordering stuff from movietyme?:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom