MovieTyme - PS3 titles work on UK PS3?

Ph0en1x

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry if this is a dumb question... but I just wanted to check that PS3 games purchased from MovieTyme work fine on a UK PS3 Console. Also same goes for Playasia etc.

I think I read that some Blu-ray movies aren't supposed to work, just wondering if it was the same for games.

If purchasing from outside UK/EU do we get charged tax?

Burnout Paradise PS3 - £29.99 (Much cheaper than UK sites).

Thanks for any help.

yes all region ps3 games will play on a uk ps3.

Wont you get stung for import duties though if you order from here?

If so it'll probably end up costing roughly the same as you can get it locally (£39.99 from game.).

Wont you get stung for import duties though if you order from here?

If so it'll probably end up costing roughly the same as you can get it locally (£39.99 from game.).

Hi, yea that was the second part of my question... is that definetly the case?

I use VG + regularly and have never had to pay import/customs charges, as they mark down the value of the goods...

Can't say if this is the case with movietyme though

I use VG + regularly and have never had to pay import/customs charges, as they mark down the value of the goods...

Can't say if this is the case with movietyme though

They actually post from inside the UK - therfore no customs to pay. I have orderd many PS3 and Blu-rays from them.

Mike

They actually post from inside the UK - therfore no customs to pay. I have orderd many PS3 and Blu-rays from them.

Mike

Hi, are you talking about MovieTyme or the store Panzram mentioned?

Hi, are you talking about MovieTyme or the store Panzram mentioned?

He's referring to Mlovietyme. VG+ doesn't sell blu-rays. I've ordered from both many times and never had to pay customs charges. Then agian where you order from is not usually the issue but whether Customs decides to charge you. That is a matter of luck.

So if customs did charge you, how much in total would it come to?

Can pre-order from gameplay for £35 + 99p Next Day delivery (to make sure you get it on release day) using the discount code in this forum. Makes me wonder if its worth bothering for the sake of six quid...

So if customs did charge you, how much in total would it come to?

Can pre-order from gameplay for £35 + 99p Next Day delivery (to make sure you get it on release day) using the discount code in this forum. Makes me wonder if its worth bothering for the sake of six quid...

Customs charges are usually around 20% of the value of the item or items. On top of that there are usually handling charges by the delivery company which vary.

Customs charges are usually around 20% of the value of the item or items. On top of that there are usually handling charges by the delivery company which vary.

The charge is 21% (17.5% VAT + 3.5% duty). Different courier/delivery companies have different charges for processing (basically they charge you for them paying the customs charges upfront for you).

Just a note to the OP: do be aware that while there's no problem with PS3 games, PS2 and PS1 games are region-locked, so if you get any of those from the aforementioned sites, they won't work with your UK PS3.

when ordering from VG+ do you have to request a markdown or do they do it for all packages coming from UK?

Generally they do it themselves, but there is no harm in adding it in the notes at the checkout screen.

thanks for the info! was just wondering if they had a special circumstance box or something :D

Another point for OP to be aware of, Games aren't region locked, but the servers for online play may be. i.e. US version of Motorstorm, you cannot play online against someone who has a UK version of Motorstorm.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom