1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movietyme order delay?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by bjd, May 18, 2004.

1. bjd

bjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I placed an order, my first, with movietyme on the 13/5 and it still shows as "order taken". The dvd in question showed as being it stock at the time of order. Could anyone who has used this company tell me if such a delay is normal practice?

Brian

2. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi,

Please PM me your order number and i shall be only to happy to advise wat the situation is with your order.

3. valhalla

valhalla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are very good once you get in touch with the legendary Craig.

My Friends Finale arrived on the Monday with the free bloomin' hot popcorn! (The packet contains oil. I forgot. One set of expletives later I was left with a small scar)!

4. ellie666

ellie666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i placed an order on the 9th and have received diddly. got an e-mail 2 days ago telling me 1 of my 2 dvds was being despatched :censored:

5. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We are totally at the mercy of the studios i am afraid, i would prefer nothing more than to have all discs with customers within 3-4 days of order.
    We try our best at all times to get orders to customers as fast as is possible.

6. ellie666

ellie666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, all I can say is first and last time - it is now 19th may, 11 days after order placed, no sign of anything arriving, and according to the site 1 disc (shown in stock and charged to CC,) hasn't even been despatched yet :mad:

7. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,494
    :thumbsup: calm down ellie,i'm sure craig will sort it out for you,i havent recieved the good the bad and the ugly but after a few mails to craig he is sorting out a replacement,i think you have to give them a bit of time,they are short staffed this week i believe,but craig will sort you out,they have excellent customer service :hiya:

8. Robz

Robz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone remember back in the good ol' days when we had to wait 28 days for delivery? It does state on the MT site to allow 7-14 days for arrival.

9. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ellie please PM me your order number and i shall take alook for you.

Also it is not in our or anyother companies interest to delay the shipping of titles to customers. We are at the mercy of the studios and if they do not have stock we do not have stock i am afraid.
    Also we are unable at this time on our website to state which discs are in or out of stock, so i am unsure as to where it states that your disc is in stock :confused:

10. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Time for a bit of praise for MT.

I ordered the expensive bag of popcorn (with free Kill Bill dust cover) on sunday evening - e-mail on Tuesday to say it had been shipped from their US warehouse and to allow 7-14 days. Lo and behold it arrived on Wednesday (from England !!!???)

My first order with them - to be honest I probably won't be ordering DVDs from them as they are a bit pricey for my liking.

11. tazpc

tazpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    A bit more praise.
    Regularly order from them.
    Personal forum for cusomers superb.
    Difficult to fault them.
    Always keen to help.
    (I agree not the cheapest)
    But you get the service you pay for.
    No other company I know deals with individual customers on public forums.

12. ellie666

ellie666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for response from Craig, will PM order no to you.

I ordered from Movietyme especially for a particular title for my Mother as "play" accepted my original order then e-mailed us back a week later to advise that they can't ship from US and as this title is US only (as far as i can tell!) i tried a new co.

BTW short staffed is not an excuse!!!!

Shi*ty UK postal service IS !!!!

13. family man

family man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having massive problems with Movietyme at the moment. They were heading towards my supplier of choice and I have bought a lot of disks lately until.................

Bought about 6 disks on 25/03 and got all but one. Have been emailing to see where it is and keep on getting told that it is out of stock and they are trying to find it elsewhere. Its been almost 2 blood months now and Movietyme have stopped returning my emails and have cancelled my account :censored: :censored:

Way to keep customers!! Maybe my crappy 30 odd disks a year isnt enought to bother with..............?

Anyway rant over and I now have to find another supplier which is becoming really tiresome!!

14. ellie666

ellie666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well in my opinion the jury is still out on wether to use Movietyme again, fortunately Craig appears to be on the ball :smashin:

i've noticed though too often with these companies that they start well then just deteriorate badly after a year or so.

1st it was "DVD Dynamic" who couldn't care less that Superman hadn't turned up, then closed down 2 months later.

2nd was "play" who split their site into US, then tried to diversify into selling other c*ap, now are just plain overpriced and the customer service has been pi*s poor in my opinion.

Oh well it may be mor exspensive but WHSmiths it is :mad:

15. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi,

Feel i need to correct a few points here.

Your account has not been cancelled as i emailed you yesterday to advise of.
    Why do you think your account has been cancelled?

Why do you jump to conclusions that "crappy 30 disks a year isnt enough to bother with" when if i have a customer who buys just one dvd a year is as important to me as a customer that buys 3000... why do you jump to these conclusions?

The industry is changing so much behind the scenes that i am sure almost every supplier would advise you of the same... big changes are taking place with studios and the may take a nasty turn soon.

Like i stated and re stated in the email i sent yesterday every company is at the mercy of the studios, if they have no product to send then neither do we, popular titles are normally as a rule always available but lesser "B" titles from smaller studios say - can take time to be repressed etc.

I am sorry for our delay - it really is not in our best interest to keep a customer waiting either.

16. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi Ellie,

I have your PM and will sort for you no problem, just to note we are 7 years old this year.

17. Rob Pyatt

Rob Pyatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jelly and Ice Cream all round then!

18. family man

family man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First off I havent jumped to any conclusions. I am a customer and am unhappy with the service I have received lately.

You may have stated and restated all sorts of things but the fact remains that it has been 2 months since I placed an order and still have received nothing. Infact the only communication I have received has been to tell me that you couldnt get the title and were having problems. I am not stupid, I understand these things happen.

I have the problem with the fact that I have to keep chasing this and about 4 weeks ago I was told (on a Friday) that if you couldnt source the title by the Monday then I would get a refund. This didnt happen and as I said it has now been 2 months and I have paid for a title you cant get!!

The reason I thought my account had been cancelled is becuase I cannot log in and still cant. I may have jumped to a conclusion here but at the time it seemed a little odd that I get annoyed about something via email and the next time I go to log in I cant??

Bottom line here is that I have been pretty happy with you guys on the whole but the treatement of this particular 'incident' (especially all the defensiveness on here and the emails I have received) has left me feeling less than happy.

19. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

It actually appears that you don't seem to understand that these things happen, if you did you wouldn't be claiming to be having "massive problems with Movietyme" and ranting on about a problem Movietyme are doing their best to solve. You have recieved every disc without any problem, apart form one, which (through no fault of their own) Movietyme cant get from their supplier as the supplier dosnt have any to give them... hardly a "massive" problem IMO.

Perhaps Craig's defensiveness comes from the over-dramatic accusing nature of your posts, if you really feel that strongly about it, why not just cancel the order for the last disc and order it from somewhere else... though I'd make sure that they actually have it stock or you will most likely have the same problem all over again.

Regards,
    Iain.

20. family man

family man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your comments and I am glad you put 'IMO' at the end of your first paragraph.

Perhaps I havent made myself clear in this instance and for that I wholeheartedly appologies.

I (and I will say this for the last time) DO understand that things happen and sometimes disks are unavailable. Not a big problem at all. All it would have taken was an email to that effect, a refund and end of story.

It has been 2 months and I have have sent quite a few emails asking for an update that have not been responded to. I have had emails saying that I will receive a refund that has not happened. I have asked that the order be cancelled and the money refunded and again that has not happened.

It is not a massive deal but as this was a thread about orders being delayed etc I though I would add my own current experiences as I was frustrated at what I percieved to be poor service (IMO!!!).

So however it appears I am not happy with the way this has been dealt with and as I am a customer of theirs I guess I am entitled to have my say??

One last thing, the words 'massive problems' may have been a bit of an overstatement but at the time I hadnt had any responses for a few days and thought my account had been cancelled.

21. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,494
    God its bad when us DVD ADDICTS don;t get our regular fix isnt it.. :D

:smoke:

22. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    That was much better mate :D

Seriously though, I wasn't trying to say you didn't deserve to have your say, or that you didn't have a problem. There's simply no point ranting away on here without giving little more than a couple of details on the problem (I've done it, and got nowhere :suicide: )

It now comes across that this really is a problem that should've been sorted a while ago, however, Craig is normally very good at sorting out people's problems on here, try pm'ing him with your order number and other details and say to him what you'd like done...

Regards,
    Iain.

23. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

Will sort this out for you today Family Man - PM'ing you now.

24. family man

family man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I must say that Craig is as good as his word and has (by lunch time) sorted everything out and then some!!

This is the kind of service that will keep me coming back forever so hopefully Craig will stay there forever!!

Thanks Craig!

25. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    whoa guys this thread's getting a little heated, take a step back and chill. We are all friends here :)