1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movietyme + order delay +cant contact

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by micks_address, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Hi folks,

I have an order in with movietyme for True lies dts japan version. I ordered it back in July and my credit card was charged. The order is pending in my account history - i usually only have had my card charged when an order is shipping or has shipped from Movietyme in the past. I fired a mail last week to them enquiring about the order and haven't gotten a response. I'm wondering what should i do now? Have they forgotten about my order? Is it out of stock? Has anyone ever phoned the people at movietyme?

Cheers,
    Mick

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Have you tried contacting them via their forums?

3. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I had a similar issue with them over a couple of DVD's which turned out to be discontinued... They don't seem very good at updating their system when a DVD is unavailable and unless you e-mail them it will just sit there... Anyway they did respond to my e-mail and credited my card immediately...

4. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    i've canceled the order using the cancel order form on the web site - i wanted the dvd but since i couldnt get an info from them when it might ship or if it was in stock i cancelled it. Better have the money back in my credit card! i hope they now refund my card

Cheers,
    Mick

5. cityonfire

cityonfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    they do state they charge your card straight away for items instock or not instock but are available. I had to wait a month and a half for the R3 version of jet li's hero as the supplier was out of stock. They actually contacted me before i contacted them to let me know that they may not be able to get it anymore due to a possible new release coming out. And that all their suppliers were out of stock. They also gave me the option of waiting or a refund. I waited and two days later it turned up. Send them another e-mail though just incase. Must say ive never had any trouble with them and i have used them for a long time

6. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mick we do not show any emails from you.

Please email me directly with your order number and i shall make sure the refund is done straight to your card.

7. jay75

jay75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [Entire post removed by admin. Read the forum rules. If you have a point to make, make it properly].

8. sjp1966

sjp1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Jay

why on earth did you keep on re-ordering from them when there service is plainly up there in the top 3 of all time companies to avoid?

9. jay75

jay75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because at the time Movietyme did not give refunds under any circumstances, so I had to choose another title or lose my money.

So I had to go through tons of hassle but luckily I got a refund in the end.

[Comment removed by admin. Read the forum rules. If you have a point to make, make it properly].

10. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Have to agree with Jay. In my experience, Movietyme are the worst internet retailer I have ever used. Terrible service and won't ever use them again!

11. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear of both of your issues.

If you would be so kind as to provide order numbers Steve1056 & Jay75 i will look into the problems that you have encountered.

Often as alot of retailers will tell you companies are never told when a title goes out of print.
    I don't wish to say too much at this point as i do not know what has happened in each case, once you post your orders numbers i will be able to trace email responses and see the issues you have both had with your orders.

As for being typical "BS" as you state.. well rest assured once i get an email a refund will be done within 10 mins. :mad:

12. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mick,

Refund issued to you, have also returned your PM too.

13. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Craig,

Funny that you should be interested in hearing from me on these forums given that you forced closure of the thread discussing such problems on your own Movietyme forums! Anyway since you asked, my orders were 39647 and 39650.

As noted in my previous comment, the service and support I received was terrible. When I finally did receive a response, it was insulting to say the least and the worst customer service I have ever experienced! Sorry, but nothing would make me buy from Movietyme again!

Steve

14. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am sorry but we take GREAT care not to close such threads on our own forums as that would look terrible.

Also the reason for wishing to find out more information is that, hopefully like any company, we would like to learn from our possible mistakes to make sure that we can improve our service to others in the future, wherever possible.

I shall take alook as we store all closed threads for this very purpose. The only reason threads are closed or deleted is if they become abusive.

I will PM you as i am looking at the order history on these two orders and i am alittle confused, as one title was very hard to get hold of and the other seems to have reached you within 2-3 weeks, which for the type of title it was can be the case as it was not a mainstream Region 1 title.

15. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,

Lisa has located your emails, sent Fri June 18th @ 12.49pm stating you wish cancellation of the one DVD, Lisa then replied first thing Monday morning (21st June) (as we do not work weekends) at 10.35am stating that you had not been charged for this disc as it was a pre book title that was delayed / cancelled by the studio indefinatley.
    She emailed you with the info that it had been cancelled and you replied to say thank you for doing this at 11.29am on that Monday morning, Lisa then emailed you back to say that it was her pleasure and that you are most welcome.

As for the our forums issue that you bring up the thread is here..

http://www.dvdlifestyle.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3384

It has not been deleted at all. Also please note you were addressing me personally with these posts but i was in New York. Other moderators tried to advise you of this, hence me not replying and you replied with this:

"Personally I couldn't care less where Craig is! "

To which upon my return i pointed out to you that as you had addressed the post to me directly the reason i couldn't reply waqs that i was in New York.

As you can see via that thread Lisa handled your requests very quickly and in a very polite manner.

16. JAMESTALKALOT

JAMESTALKALOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I would like to step in as a customer of Movietyme and say I love Movietyme :thumbsup: I've had some great deals, If I pre-order a disc it turns up fast. If I have an Issue or general question that needs addressing with Movietyme I can post on their forums, Email them or even PM Craig here :smashin:

I've already put Movietyme to the test customer service wise a couple of times and they always sorted things out professionally with the minimum (make that no) fuss. And all that was needed was a bit of patience on my side (I'm not the only customer they have to deal with after all :D ).

So far Movietyme get nothing but a big thumbs up from me :thumbsup: and I'm sure those thumbs will stay up as long as I continue to purchase from them :smashin:

17. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Craig,

I stand by what I said, namely slow service, delayed response to emails (also posted to the forums) and poor customer support. I'll leave it at that.

Steve

18. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you wish.. but i am afraid with certain titles that are in demand or are hard to get there can sometimes be delays.
    Your second title we can hardly be blamed for as the studio cancelled it.

Email response times in this case are posted on this thread, as for poor customer support, Lisa is at a loss as to what she could have done different for you.

19. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    You can't please all of the people all of the time. I've not used Movietyme much, as the prices are usually not that competetive, but credit to Craig for taking the time to answer questions on this forum.

20. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    "Your second title we can hardly be blamed for as the studio cancelled it."

Immediately after I cancelled with you, I ordered this DVD from Amazon USA. Amazingly, for a cancelled title, they were able to get it to my door in the UK in 3-days and it worked out cheaper (including P&P). That's good service!

21. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i can assure you we do not "make up" when titles are cancelled... we just go by what USA distributors tell us as they are the ones that know.
    It really is not in our best interest to have a lost sale, actually i think this was a Audio CD by the looks.

22. RichardG

RichardG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have to say something in MT's defence. Although I've not ordered from them THAT often, my orders have always been trouble free, and the very fact that Craig lurks here and pipes up to try to resolve issues when they appear is to his credit.

I don't have a problem ordering from them at all. (And if my Alias season 3 box set arrives early, do me a favour and pass it on...ta!)

But your Next Day Delivery section is a bit of a joke...have you seen Royal Mail's performance lately?!!? Kill Bill 2 took FOUR days on a next day option!

Keep up the good work guys!

Richard

23. steve1056

steve1056

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Actually it was the Fleetwood Mac Live In Boston DVD consisting of 2 x DVD's and 1 x CD.

24. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) I know.. if RM did deliver next day on 1st Class (as they state) then the name for that section would be cool.

Maybe a reworking of the name for that section is in order.. :smashin:

25. cloud1

cloud1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    In mid March I ordered from movietyme and to this day I still haven't received it despite various e-mail requests to the appropriate address.

Also I chose to cancel an order I made a one month three days ago, I received an automated e-mail saying this is fine and that I would shortly receive another e-mail with a code so that I could redeem a voucher to the value of the order I had cancelled. A few days later the disc was received and my account was debited! E-mails have been sent but again no reply.

I order a lot of dvds and would use movietyme so much more if the experience was much more smooth and enjoyable.

Any chance you could look into this one too craig?

order numbers 32834 being the order from half a year ago and 43228 being the order from one month three days ago

:confused:

Steve

26. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve i have PM'd you.

27. nibb

nibb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Well I too must stick up for Movietyme!

We all know that they can be £1 or £2 more expensive but you pays your money etc.....

I know that if I want a preorder title promptly and usually before the release date I go there!

I had an issue with Finding Nemo but Craig handled it very well via the forums!

Just my twopenneth!

Neil

28. Robz

Robz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok, i don't want to dig up old dirt. It's done and dusted, but you can't say yourself that you didn't come across insulting in your post on the MT forums. I myself tried to help you and explain why you'd had no response. I alerted Lisa who informed you as best she could. In the presence of Craig's absence i'd say that'd count in someway to acceptable customer service. At leats you knew something was being done.

Was my input in trying to help you for nothing?

There really is no helping some people. What if MT didn't have a forum? It's there as a tool for customers to participate in, gain info and ask questions. We're a friendly bunch who do our best to inform you guys so i'm baffled at the accusation that the support was terrible.

29. jay75

jay75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [Inappropriate post removed by admin. Provide the retailer with an order number as requested so they can deal with your order.]

30. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +437
    It'd be better if they didn't charge you until they despatched your order then it wouldn't be a hastle to refund people when the order is a discontinued item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.