Movietyme Order Cancellations - BEWARE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sjp1966 said:
Craig. I may well open up an account with movietyme (although i think i may have ordered before). i understand that things can and do go wrong from time to time. i am not that niave that everything will run smoothly all the time. it is how these things are dealt with when these things come up is what is important, customer service is such an important thing that is so easily overlooked.

It is ok getting dirt cheap DVDs but when it all goes horribly wrong and you cannot get a response from a company no matter what (DVD Soon anyone) then that is frustrating.

I am quite impressed about how you dealt with this issue here, i will check your prices to see how competitive you are, and if so i will create an account

Thank you - all we do is try our best at all times - we are a small company and everyone here just loves movies.... thanks to Seth - if you have any questions please feel free to email or PM me.

Craig @ Movietyme said:
Just to confirm Gordon LOST: Season One has now been billed to youur card for a grand total of £5.00 delivered....

+£24.99 store credit :rolleyes:

Craig @ Movietyme said:
Thank you - all we do is try our best at all times - we are a small company and everyone here just loves movies.... thanks to Seth - if you have any questions please feel free to email or PM me.

Craig, from above:

"Finally, I wonder if MovieTyme will reconsider their policy regarding cancellations to fall in line with (the law?) most other popular DVD retailers. (Play.com, cd-wow.com, etc..)?"

Any consideration of policy change, and also could you clear up the legalities of issuing store credit in lieu of refunding credit cards - an issue raised by another forum member earlier..

Thanks,

Gordon

cosmokramer said:
+£24.99 store credit :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: that was to advise you of how much had been billed to your credit card, just to advise that everything had been carried out correctly....

Craig @ Movietyme said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: that was to advise you of how much had been billed to your credit card, just to advise that everything had been carried out correctly....

Yes, thanks - £24.99 + £5 is the "grand total" of what has been billed to my credit card. :)

cosmokramer said:
Craig, from above:

"Finally, I wonder if MovieTyme will reconsider their policy regarding cancellations to fall in line with (the law?) most other popular DVD retailers. (Play.com, cd-wow.com, etc..)?"

Any consideration of policy change, and also could you clear up the legalities of issuing store credit in lieu of refunding credit cards - an issue raised by another forum member earlier..

Thanks,

Gordon

Quoting the above question again incase you missed it and just wanted to add that I have just received a shipping notice for Lost: Season 1.

Fix the policy on cancellation refunds and you've got a great DVD supplier (if slightly pricy).

Kind Regards,

Gordon

Someone should confront these companies that try to use the Visa/Master credit card system and do not abide by the rules. If an item is cancelled by the supplier (as per the latest DVDSoon 'tricks') or is permitted via internet clicking - then it is verboten to not credit back to a credit card account (Play for example has no problem with this - excpt they put items into their 'processing' system within 1 minute - a practice which should be changed).

Craig @ MovieTyme was pretty swift with his replies to previous issues - he has chosen to ignore my question(s) regarding MovieTymes policy on refunding order cancellations. :confused:

he may not have been around to answer them. i'm sure he will today. :smashin:

Gary

Gary D said:
he may not have been around to answer them. i'm sure he will today. :smashin:

Gary

Fingers crossed :) I would expect that to reply to that particular question, Craig would need to consult with the hierarchy at MovieTyme - hopefully some good will come of all of this.. Would be nice to see MovieTyme bring themselves into line with other DVD retailers.

:rolleyes:

cosmokramer said:
Fingers crossed :) I would expect that to reply to that particular question, Craig would need to consult with the hierarchy at MovieTyme - hopefully some good will come of all of this.. Would be nice to see MovieTyme bring themselves into line with other DVD retailers.

:rolleyes:

as i said yesterday, i've never had a problem. the most important thing for me with a retailer is that they supply what i want at a half decent price and dont mess me about. MT have always done that for me. Craig moved heaven and earth for once with a copy of House of Flying Daggers (R3) the service has always been top class. i have a "DVD" budget so the chance of me asking for a refund are minimal as there is always something else that i want but the refund question has never come up.

I dont use "play" and sometimes use CDWOW. i also use DVD Pacific quite alot for stuff i'm not bothered about having that quickly. I can appreicate where your coming from with posts yesterday but i can only speak as i find and i've recommended MT to loads of people they have now all become regular customers.

Gary

It's my suspicion that, quite unlike at least one other e-tailer, Movietyme are genuine and honest. It's quite unrealistic to expect absolutely nothing to ever go wrong, but it's equally quite realisitic to expect that, when it does, it's resolved quickly. And from what I see, that most certainly does seem to be the case here.

cosmokramer said:
Craig @ MovieTyme was pretty swift with his replies to previous issues - he has chosen to ignore my question(s) regarding MovieTymes policy on refunding order cancellations. :confused:

:mad: :rolleyes: Did you even bother to look at the time of your post????
I do have a life outside of work and as a rule try to finish around 5ish if at all possible.

Plus this IS NOT a Movietyme.com forum - your issue on here was resolved very quickly indeed, but you still wish to try and "have the last word"....

Also may i point out nothing went wrong with your order... you gave us less than 16hrs to ship your order at a VERY busy time and also when skeleton staff were on... also please note the email you had once you had placed your order stated processing times of upto 48hrs, but i would presume you didn't read that either....

Everything has been run past our service providers who do not have any issues with it.

End of story I would say. This is not a Movietyme support forum. Please contact Craig directly if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom