1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movietyme Issue

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by alex f, Nov 15, 2002.

1. alex f

alex f
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried to contact movietyme for an ETA or just confirmation by email (over three times) and by phone (over 4 times) and have never had a reply. My order has taken over two weeks and the money was paid in the first few days.

Trading standards have said that I have probably lost my money so I can only warn people that they do not get back to you, or send your order out.

Is it just me or should I have known better?!

Alex:mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have never used Movietyme, but many people on these boards use them regularly with great success. I am surprised to hear of your troubles.
    I am sure they will respond and that you will get your refund. However, it sounds to me like this problem (as with most online purchasing problems) is more the fault of the post office than the retailer. How much was your order worth? If more than £18 it could be that Customs have picked it up and are holding it - they have been known to take months to return items (once you have paid the due tax).

:confused:

3. jonnyv

jonnyv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Im pretty sure you'll get a response or refund eventually !

Why would you order from movietyme when theres loads of great dvd retailers to choose from ?

It wont be a customs problem as they ship from UK.

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    Just received Mr Deeds from Movietyme :)

I use them now and then as theyre usually first with new releases.

Also there Canadian versions are often cheaper than Futures, which was why I got Mr Deeds from them and saved a quid ;)

Never had any probs myself and discs usually arrive in 5 days.

5. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,203
    This is grossly unfair in slagging them off !!!

You havn't even got to the root of the problem yet, as pointed out, it may not be their fault, but, i do note that you have tried to contact them several times, which i admit is frustrating.

I also find it unfair that you title your post as 'Movietyme warning'
    By saying this are you expecting people to avoid them like the plague, merely because you have a problem with them ?

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I agree. I am going to change the name of the thread.

7. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,203
    Thanks Lex

8. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    Just thought I would add that Movietyme have been warning clearly on there page of updating there site and also that no confirmation emails would be sent out!! You will be able to track your orders soon from the new site.

It could be the contacts are not being ignored just that the mail part of the system is probably down.

9. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a disc (The Sum Of All Fears) turn up, but it was only the box that showed up. Movietymes email responce was excellent, and i got a replacement in three days. All my emails were answered within a few hours.

Must admit Lisa was very helpful ;) The answer-phone service was cr@p though.

Movietymes a nice alternative, if you're not wanting dodgy froggy covers.

Have a good evening, everyone.

JD

10. alex f

alex f
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this because I had no response from phone messages I left and emails and I did indeed want to warn people just as I would like to be warned of companies that do not contact their customers regarding an issue. (Or are we only supposed to sing praises?)

They contacted me this morning to say that they had not heard any messages from me and only recieved my last email so there is confussion somewhere.

So, they did get back to me in the end and all seems well with MOVIETYME, but i do not regret mentioning on a forum that i was unhappy with the initial service. If you want me to keep quiet on negative issues then maybe I should not be on this forum?!

I work in sales and if I don't reply to emails within 30mins I get complaints from customers so I think I was justified to be concerned after two weeks! I thought a forum was for discussing ALL issues?

So that I do not cause further offence: MOVIETYME are great, they got back to me in the end!

:confused:

11. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Nobody said that you cannot air greavences about the service you have recieved by retailers, people do it all the time. It is just that you decided to completely slag off the company after one problem - if you looked around the forum you would see that many people use and reccommend Movietyme and as such it was unlikely that you were purposely being ripped off.