Movietyme - Import Charges?

Jamie22

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about ordering Oblivion from Movietyme as it is now £27 delivered. I just wanted to check if there would be any import charges on top of this as it is being shipped from America?

Thanks

How long did you wait from when they were ordered until when they arrived with you?

I have ordered now anyway. Saved £10 by ordering from them and when this game can't be played online there is no reason not to.

I find they usually take about 5 days to arrive. I have had them come in less time, but also sometimes around 6/7 days. Never had to pay customs.

about 6 days as had to wait as it was easter and they were shut until wednesday then got an email saying been dispatched came next day im also thinking about getting the game aswell great price

How long did you wait from when they were ordered until when they arrived with you?

I have ordered now anyway. Saved £10 by ordering from them and when this game can't be played online there is no reason not to.

I bought MLB 2K7 from them, no additional charges, and took about 7 working days.

There is NO issue with playing US games online, who you can play is not restricted by the version of your game. If you are in the UK, and there are UK servers hosting the game, you connect to them. If you know of a UK player you can play them even if they have a UK copy and you have a US copy of a game.

I bought MLB 2K7 from them, no additional charges, and took about 7 working days.

There is NO issue with playing US games online, who you can play is not restricted by the version of your game. If you are in the UK, and there are UK servers hosting the game, you connect to them. If you know of a UK player you can play them even if they have a UK copy and you have a US copy of a game.

So your 100% sure that any NTSC game will work on a UK ps3 while playing on UK servers?

So your 100% sure that any NTSC game will work on a UK ps3 while playing on UK servers?

Have played MLB 2K7 (US import), online in the UK with a UK console (would have been US server as game isn't out here yet) no problem. No issues. I did not notice any slowness issues either, so if you do have to connect to a US server it wouldn't be a problem.

There should not be a issue with NTSC if you are playing on HD as HD isn't in PAL or NTSC, it is its own format.

Have played MLB 2K7 (US import), online in the UK with a UK console (would have been US server as game isn't out here yet) no problem. No issues. I did not notice any slowness issues either, so if you do have to connect to a US server it wouldn't be a problem.

There should not be a issue with NTSC if you are playing on HD as HD isn't in PAL or NTSC, it is its own format.

I'm afraid you're mistaken there. Chances are if the game did get released here then people with the UK version would only be able to connect to the UK servers. Several of the exisiting PS3 games are regionalised regards online play. In other words you can only connect to servers from the same region the game is from. Motorstorm and Resistance are like that as are several other games. Essentially who you can play online is governed by where the game is from.

I ordered a BR movie from them late on a Sat night and it was with me the following Wed. No customs charge made. I'll deffo use them again. :)

I'm afraid you're mistaken there. Chances are if the game did get released here then people with the UK version would only be able to connect to the UK servers. Several of the exisiting PS3 games are regionalised regards online play. In other words you can only connect to servers from the same region the game is from. Motorstorm and Resistance are like that as are several other games. Essentially who you can play online is governed by where the game is from.

The question was asked about playing import (or NTSC) games, not locally released versions. I pointed out that playing a US game online on a UK machine works fine, and even if you have to connect to a US server there are no 'lag/slowdown' issues. If you are restricted to UK servers when using a UK version of the game then so be it. Ita All Good! :smashin:

The question was asked about playing import (or NTSC) games, not locally released versions. I pointed out that playing a US game online on a UK machine works fine, and even if you have to connect to a US server there are no 'lag/slowdown' issues. If you are restricted to UK servers when using a UK version of the game then so be it. Ita All Good! :smashin:

You seem to be missing the point. The fact is that a lot of PS3 games restrict you in who you can play online. The reason why I brought it up is that for example if he were to buy a US version of a game and then later his mates bought UK versions he may have a problem playing them online. I was just trying to make him aware of that if he is considering importing games. It's something that not all people are aware of until they try it.

This is something you happen to have failed to mention in your post and is quite an important aspect of importing PS3 games. You might be OK only playing people in the US but a lot of people here are not OK with because they want to play their friends here in the UK. So please read more carefully before responding the future and also try and give all pertinent information relevant to the topic at hand.

You seem to be missing the point. The fact is that a lot of PS3 games restrict you in who you can play online. The reason why I brought it up is that for example if he were to buy a US version of a game and then later his mates bought UK versions he may have a problem playing them online. I was just trying to make him aware of that if he is considering importing games. It's something that not all people are aware of until they try it.

This is something you happen to have failed to mention in your post and is quite an important aspect of importing PS3 games. You might be OK only playing people in the US but a lot of people here are not OK with because they want to play their friends here in the UK. So please read more carefully before responding the future and also try and give all pertinent information relevant to the topic at hand.

Excuse me for not properly digesting all of the nuances inferred in the topic at hand. The OP was a question about import charges, and the subsequent post (to which I replied) was a question asking whether there would be an issue with playing an NTSC game on a UK machine (ableit on UK servers). There was no mention of playing against other people who have a non-NTSC version. However, if my comments may have led to confusion I apologise. I will attempt to envisage all possible scenarios before replying to any post in the future.

Have a good one. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom