• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Movietyme HD-A1 in stock, but.....

D

DTSFan2001

I'm guessing this is the place to ask, I've seen that Movietyme have the HD-A1 in stock. However, they have the XA1 in stock on next day delivery. Does this mean that the A1 is shipped in from the US and so could be subject to customs/VAT charges, and the XA1 is shipped from within the UK and not subject. This leads onto another question...does anyone think that it's a much better buy to get the XA1 over the A1? Sorry if these questions have been answered before, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Matt Horne

Prominent Member
The price listed for the XA1 and HD-a1 is the total cost you will pay.. its just that the Xa1 you will get next day whereas you may have to wait a week or so for the HD-A1 to be shipped over.

The only difference is cosmetic tbh between the 2 players.. I prefer the look of the XA1 but it is £200 or so more for not actual funtional difference (hence they are more easily available than the HD-A1)

Hth

Matt

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
You always have to pay shipping charges, import duty and VAT whichever way you buy it. I think demand and supply may have some bearing on the price you pay for an HD-A1 as well....

Nick

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
The price on the movietyme site is the price you pay, there is no import duty/VAT to add onto it

thfccambs

Banned
zAndy1 said:
The price on the movietyme site is the price you pay, there is no import duty/VAT to add onto it

100% correct,no import tax with movietyme.
The XA-1 has motorised front and back light remote.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom