1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movietyme - are they always pretty slow at despatching orders...?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Family Guy, May 2, 2004.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought I'd try Movietyme for a change and orderded a couple of DVD audios' last Wednesday. Money has left my bank but the order is still showing as "order taken"...
    Are they normally this slow...I orderded a film from another forum sponsor on Tuesday last week and it was despatched the same afternoon, what I would call excellent service.
    My DVD audio's are both in stock and neither have been despatched...

2. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Hi Bri`, how do you know they are in stock??

When I order things from them, its normally 3 days plus for my order to be despatched.

So it would maybe seem they`re slow.

Spoony.

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From the FAQ's on their site, they don't bill you unless an item is in stock mate...they have billed me for both discs so I take it they are in stock...

4. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Under "Shipping" it states that all "in stock" items usually sent within 24-72 hrs.

5. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Oh right, but "in stock" items can`t be checked on the site, so if they took 2 weeks to get to them , it would still be ok, as its 24-72 hours from "in stock".
    Or am I confusing the issue?
    :suicide:

Spoony.

6. Robz

Robz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Not really, as stated on their site if your order status says 'Order Taken' it doesn't mean that your orders are not on the move it may just be down to the fact that they haven't had time to update your order status.

I know Craig was pretty busy all last week and he'll be playing catch up come Tuesday so your order status may change then, he may even see this thread and respond accordingly.

If he doesn't they have their own forums you can enquire in also.

7. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Could you point me in the right direction of where it states this on the site. I only see that if a title is released you will be billed straight away, but not if it's a pre order, unless you wish us too.

Also i see you have ordered DVD Audio titles - we are in the process of deleting alot of these off the site i am afraid as distribution in the US is not exactly the best on these i am afraid.

Thanks for the order though i shall PM you status details.

8. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Craig,
    In light of what you said about DVD audio titles having bad distribution, I cancelled the order in question. This was 3 days ago and the order still reads "order taken".
    Now, I only found out that you don't give refunds after I cancelled the order. I had planned on getting my money back and spending it on the DVD audio titles I wanted, but obviously elsewhere.
    Could I please ask why you don't give refunds? After all, it's my money. Surely I can spend it where i like...In effect, we are being forced to spend our money with you, even though we have changed our minds...
    I understand that you are one of the forums biggest sponsors...however, the place I wanted to spend this money also sponsors this forum. I have had no problems obtaining DVD audio discs from them in the past.
    I will obviously obide by your T&C's that you don't give refunds, however, when can i expect the credit to be made available to me ro spend on other things...?

Many Thanks for your help.

Brian

9. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Brian,

This is all sorted for you now and refund applied.

As for why we cannot get them, well i have no clue - we go straight to USA Studios and distributors, not via a USA Internet site that just ships us the product for us to resell at a higher price.

I shall try to find a stable distributor for these, sorry we could not fullfill this order in a timely manner for you.

10. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Seems a problem getting DVD-As from them, I've had 2 on order since 22 Feb, absolutely no idea when (if?) I'll ever see them .. 2 DVD-Vs ordered at the same time arrived within a couple of weeks or so.

11. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Craig - I've now used the store credit to order a couple of back catalogue films I've been meaning to get for a while.