Movietyme : Account on hold?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by Spooky, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Spooky

Spooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Wonder if anyone can help, have contacted Movietyme regards this but as yet had no reply, joined Movietyme and ordered a few HDDVD's for a gift and had hoped I would have them in time, checking my status I see my Account is on hold, not had any mails from them etc so unsure if I should be concerned. Paid via paypal and got confirmation of funds transfered.
    I know that there is no way i'll get the discs in time but just wanna know as to why my account is on hold. First time I have used them BTW so perhaps because its a first order is why on hold?
    Anyone had this?

2. mikeycubed

mikeycubed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +977
    Hi spooky
    I had exactly the same thing happen to me except it wasn't the first time i had used them, it was the first time i had paid via paypal though. I recieved an email this morning saying my items had been changed to 'order taken', hope this means everything is ok now.
    I had read somewhere that there had been an incident with somebody buying a load of 360 hddvd units through paypal then doing a runner or some such. Maybe thats why there was a delay with paying through paypal.

HTH
    Mike

3. Spooky

Spooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Thanks for the info.
    Not good if they got ripped off and I can understand the delay a bit more now.
    Cheers