Movies you would like to see turned into a TV series

Razor

Distinguished Member
There has been a few movies which have turned into a TV series and they have all been fairly poor, Robocop and Total Recall spring to mind. Other shows have been half decent like Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Highlander.

If you could have a movie turned into a quality TV show, with the emphasis on quality what would you like to see?

Here are a few of mine:

Lord of The Rings
The Matrix
Tron
GoodFellas

brian s

Distinguished Member
Off the top of my head I'd say The Rocketeer. I loved that film and I'd have liked to see more. It might be a bit too expense for TV though.

Bri

Skiprat

Novice Member
Would have to agree with the matrix and may be slated for this one but would like to see a quality TV series of Underworld :blush:

Razor

Distinguished Member
Would have to agree with the matrix and may be slated for this one but would like to see a quality TV series of Underworld :blush:
Inception
Good call on both of these.

Off the top of my head I'd say The Rocketeer. I loved that film and I'd have liked to see more. It might be a bit too expense for TV though.

Bri
You know what I have never even seen this movie. I do remember the old Rocket man tv shows as a kid. I am guessing this movie is based on that?

number_3

Good call on both of these.

You know what I have never even seen this movie. I do remember the old Rocket man tv shows as a kid. I am guessing this movie is based on that?
that show used to bug that pants off me.!!!! ends on a cliff hanger that there is no possible way he is surviving that......then on the next episode they slightly change how it ends on the short preview at the start, and well wouldn't you know that cliff he was driving over and started to fall magically now has a sodding bridge.!!!! where did that sodding bridge come from......its wasn't sodding there last week......arhhhhhhhhhh.

old Flash Gordon was the same.!!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Anyway my top pick.. Leon!

Steven

Senior Moderator
I could not imagine anything more boring than LOTR in television form :boring:

Dr Tim

Mine would have to be:

Inglourious Bastards
The Boondock Saints
Fight Club (not sure about this one)

They are the only three I can think of for now, but I am sure I will remember more soon. :)

John

Always thought the Jack Ryan Movies / Books would make a good series. Done properly

Garrett

X-Men although did one that was not a million miles from it and not that good called Mutant X

V for Vendetta.

Garrett

Last edited:

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
A Boy & His Dog could have been pretty good, A decent premise that could have been carried over for a series or two.

Jeepers Creepers would work, Maybe go and explain the origins and explore the backstory of the Creeper. Each series could be based on him appearing every 23 years or whatever it was to feed.

A Dirty Harry series could have been interesting too but only with Clint.

Citizen J

Novice Member
I think Minority Report could work well over one season, anything more would be overkill.

Citizen Kane.

The Bourne Franchise could work very well. But I like it the way it is.

Seven could work. Imagine if there was one murder mystery or so per episode, it could work. Perhaps it would only need to be over one season.

The Matrix is a very good shout though Razor :thumbsup:

Last edited: