Gladiator
The Jackal
Independence Day
The Mummy
Tomorrow never Dies.

In my opinion

Air Force One
and
Tommorow never Dies has the best Sound effect . Do you guys agree with me? Also give your recomandation.

Jazzartist

buns

Banned
I know it is monotonously the same the whole way through, but Fast and furious is a nice track.

ad

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Originally posted by buns
I forgot my all time fave.......

5th element superbit

ad
Buns, for sound you should check the German R2 version of Fifth Element. The print is the same as the awful R2 uk version. But that dts es track is far better balanced and more dynamic than the superbit dts track, infact(i have the superbit too) the german version sounds like a different mix, and is not as hard edged as the superbit track.

buns

Banned
Originally posted by THX 1138
Buns, for sound you should check the German R2 version of Fifth Element. The print is the same as the awful R2 uk version. But that dts es track is far better balanced and more dynamic than the superbit dts track, infact(i have the superbit too) the german version sounds like a different mix, and is not as hard edged as the superbit track.
I knew the german one was good, didnt realise it was superior to the superbit though. Unfortunately im still in the stone age of 5.1, not ES for me just yet so i reckon id be wasting money to get the german.

Just out of interest, is it easy enough to get hold of, or is it a nightmare job? what is the picture comparison with the superbit?

ad

C

colinloves

I was disappointed with Terminator 2 in DTS, in fact I didnt even watch the whole film. It sounded flat to me and not really using the 5.1 format to its best.

Jurassic Park 3 does it for me. Ok its a lame film but the sound really makes the efilm come alive. (esp. the plane crash)
Also Final Fantasy has very good sound effects.

Why dont 'the film people' pay more attection to 5 channel sound? Or do I expect too much?

encaser

Requiem For A Dream has some mental sounds to match its mental story:eek:
Oh and Saving Private Ryan on the beach bit - pee oww

C

colinloves

nearly forgot. Behind enemy Lines sounded great in divX format, So Im gonna get that soon and hear what it sounds like in DTS sound :)

marcoeser

Hi,here's a couple of DTS classics that haven't been mentioned:

U-571
Titan A.E.
Twister

buns

Banned
Originally posted by encaser
Requiem For A Dream has some mental sounds to match its mental story:eek:
Oh and Saving Private Ryan on the beach bit - pee oww
It was very atmospheric......a highly under rated film!

ad

J

Jazzartist

I would like to thank you all for suggesting so many films.I would like to add to my list

Godzilla
Paerl Harbour **
Dantes peak
MI2 ***

Does any ofyou have Superbit edition of
Airforce one
Tommorow Dever Dies

In that case can you tell me the difference between the Normal and the Superbit DVDs

Jazzartist

buns

Banned
Supposedly superbits have enhanced video and audio. Certainly if i compare my superbit 5th element to my R2, the image is sharper, the colours appear more realistic, the audio is just completely different, sooo much better. But, that said, on 5th element anyway, there is an excellent R1 video print and as mentioned the R2 geerman has great sound. So i guess superbit is a conglomeration of all the best bits from various regions.

im tired and im going to bed now!

Ad

martian1

Films i just rented that sounded great...The one pretty mad, just didnt like the racket from the choice of music in the film. One of the more unusual effects which was subtle but cool was the shotgun cartrige flying out of the gun in the prisoner transfer scene at the start, flys out of gun bounces in front of you before leeping over your head out through rear right speaker... To tame! then hire Brotherhood of the wolf ... Brilliant effects, excellent fights wonderfully filmed. I like the fight scene at the start when the guy gets hit in the chops in slow motion and his face spurts blood and teeth around the room as he spins with the impact... Mad film, pity about the beast not looking right though.
Trying not to change the subject to much but i watched crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on sky, i have the Mandarin soundtrack on my DVD what a load of shi.e the English dubbing is Monkey or what... and some say Wolf is bad, i think not. :D

G

GAS

For sound you cannot beat Blade and Blade 2 with the thumping soundtrack and all the action. Turn it up!
I also like the sound in films like Battle Royale and The Eye. Very atmospheric especially in 5.1

wilber

Novice Member
Phantom Menace? I know it's a pants film but whenever I change something in my sound setup, that's the one I have turned turn to, although judging by the sneak peek I had of Blade 2 this morning, I have a feeling that one might just be tops.

Other's I like in no order

Gladiator
Black Hawk Down
The Matrix
U571 (worth buying a subwoofer just for the depth charges)
We were soldiers

dannywonderful

Standard Member
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Heat yet. The gun battle is very involving. I think I actually came close to ducking once or twice! :eek:

buns

Banned
Originally posted by dannywonderful
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Heat yet. The gun battle is very involving. I think I actually came close to ducking once or twice! :eek:
I presume you mean the dts version? As much as i enjoyed the dd track, it seemed to be lacking a bit. That said i didnt really notice because i enjoyed the film so muc! :D

ad

S

Stroppy

Good sound is not all about gunfire and explosions. Most of the films mentioned have rubbish scripts and are shallow movies full stop.

buns

Banned
Originally posted by Stroppy
Good sound is not all about gunfire and explosions. Most of the films mentioned have rubbish scripts and are shallow movies full stop.
I tend to disagree....... just for starters, both matrix and blade are fantastic films.

ad

S

Stroppy

Originally posted by buns
I tend to disagree....... just for starters, both matrix and blade are fantastic films.
Both so full of plot holes you could sale a cruise liner through and hardly challenging to the intellect though are they.

dannywonderful

Standard Member
Originally posted by Stroppy
Both so full of plot holes you could sale a cruise liner through and hardly challenging to the intellect though are they.
You must be a right laugh down the pub. :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett