Movies Podcast: Coming 2 America, Coming Soon Highlights and Best Belated Sequels

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
This month the AVForums movie review team tells us what they have been watching this month, what they are looking forward to next month and also review Coming 2 America. Plus, what are the best-belated sequels that follow many years after the originals?

00:00:00 - Start
00:00:30 - Welcome
00:02:00 - Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan TV show review
00:07:40 - The Code TV show review
00:11:20 - Doctor Who season 8 Blu-ray review
00:18:28 - Sentinelle movie review
00:19:47 - Cherry movie review
00:23:33 - Shadow and Bone TV show preview
00:24:21 - Things Heard & Seen TV show preview
00:25:30 - Eighth Grade movie preview
00:27:20 - The Mauritanian movie preview
00:27:53 - Zack Snyder's Justice League movie review
00:41:46 - Coming 2 America deep-dive review
01:00:05 - Best and worst belated sequels

Presented by Phil Hinton with Cas Harlow, Simon Crust and Tom Davies

Subscription link: AVForums Podcast

These links will be live following Monday's Live Stream

Direct Link

To watch the video with the live chat, click the YouTube logo in the video window
Support us by making a donation at avforums / Streamlabs
Become a Patron at AVForums is creating Videos | Patreon
Your donations help us to improve the website, publish more editorial and make better podcasts. Thank you.

Last edited:

Fasen

@Casimir Harlow : NO I'M BATMAN :rotfl:

Good one , gonna watch Justice League ... If i can find the time.....

Last edited:

Mr-Mixalot

Excellent listen, love my movies and you guys are brilliant

@Casimir Harlow, I accidently watch Sentinelle & also found it good but check out The Vault, think you'll enjoy that

@Tom Davies The Mauritanian is good but it left me frustrated, would be interesting to see what you think

Jessica Noir

Great to hear some love for Doctor Sleep. The director’s cut as a miracle of a film. As much as I love The Shining, Mike Flanagan massively improves on the source novel, combining the intricate craft of Kubrick with the heart-wrenching horrors of addiction from King’s novel. I’m a hardcore horror fan and have sat through some extreme films, but a father to a toddler, the scene with the toddler and the baseball boy made me turn away from the screen. iTunes have the directors cut in 4K DV/Atmos in the current sale if anyone fancies it.

MrMrH

One belated sequel I need to throw out some love for is Jumanji, that was far and away better than I ever expected it to be.

Thanks for the recommendations, I’ve added “Age of Samurai” and “The Code” (Season 1) to my watchlist.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom