• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

movies on a mac???? HOW WHERE WHAT???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned Senior

Hey guys and gals how y'all doin??
I have just put my big screen tv in the bedroom as I spend all evening in here on the computer... I have a few tunes transferred from cd or bought from itunes store on my pc but no video
Soonish I will have finished paying for my son's iMac and intend to get a mac for me...
Soooo??
What do I need to do to transfer my dvd collection to the mac for easy no disc case to player viewing of my movies just at the touch of a button or mouse click (Please go easy as I have NO knowledge of codecs vlc's or whatever else so laymans terms please)
Also can I transfer Blu ray and HD-DVD discs to a mac??

Thanks in advance
Stolly
AKA Phil

Ned Senior

Hey guys and gals how y'all doin??
I have just put my big screen tv in the bedroom as I spend all evening in here on the computer... I have a few tunes transferred from cd or bought from itunes store on my pc but no video
Soonish I will have finished paying for my son's iMac and intend to get a mac for me...
Soooo??
What do I need to do to transfer my dvd collection to the mac for easy no disc case to player viewing of my movies just at the touch of a button or mouse click (Please go easy as I have NO knowledge of codecs vlc's or whatever else so laymans terms please)
Also can I transfer Blu ray and HD-DVD discs to a mac??

Thanks in advance
Stolly
AKA Phil

MODS:hiya:
Please close this I just found ickleyoda's thread a that tells me all I wanted
to know thanks

Ickle Yoda1

Glad to be of service mate :)

Moosh

Closed as requested.

Cheers
Moosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom