1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies I may order but am unsure about !

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dUnKle, Oct 29, 2000.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,498
    Ok I have only a few more days til Im officially between jobs. I leave Smiths on 8th Nov and start my new job on 13th so I wanna get some films, ones I have yet to see to keep me busy whilst I relax.

Any thoughts on

Pokemon and Pokemon 2000 ( Im curious as to what the fuss is about, will anyone over 12 like these )
    Ghostdog ( seems like it should be really good )
    The Patriot
    Skulls
    Ninja Scroll
    American Psyco ( may ask for R2 copy as leaving present [​IMG] )
    Swingers ( I liked GO )
    Jack The Ripper ( saw this on Tv years ago, the one with Mr Cain and remember it as quite good )
    Spinal Tap ( again may make a good leaving present )

or any other sugestions of non-blockbuster but still rather good movies

2. hank hill

hank hill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    others OK
    pokemon?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

for your own sake

my friend bought pokemon, sad git

and lent it to another friend who liked it!

------------------
    I'm gonna catch them sucka's if its the last thing I ever do.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I recommend Spinal Tap. I received it about a month ago. I've watched it about 4 times so far and I still love it and want to watch it. Really really funny. I think it was voted 11th funnies film of all time by the readers of one of the film mags. Deserves to be higher.

I bought Iron man from Smiths recently. I think thats really good.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't seen Ghostdog, but it is supposed to be excellent and Swingers is bloody fantastic ! A very funny film

5. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yeah, Swingers is superb, one of my favourite films. American Psycho is also very good, well worth a purchase.

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

6. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,498
    Well im gonna order THE PATRIOT cos it seems like an epic type that I can enjoy at my leisure and I think also GHOST DOG.

Will ask for AMERICAN PSYCO and SPINAL TAP as a leaving present.

Will 4get about POKEMON and try and borrow SWINGERS.

NINJA SCROLL im still not sure about. I loved MANGA B4 it became really popular and managed to get a really early copy of AKIRA on VHS which I wore out, but after awhile they all seemed to merge into one. The same was true for THE MADE IN HONG KONG movies. I had nearly ALL the JOHN WOO and his mates movies before most people had heard of him, but then just lost interest in em all.

Recently got back into the KICK ASS, SHOOT LOTS movies with DRIVE ( which I think is on Ch.5 2nite, but watch it, its great ) and would like some more movies of this type. Has anybody ever seen BLACK SHEEP AFFAIR as that looks fairly good

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jack the Ripper! I remember that one, an old Thames Television thingie. Don't know if DVD techno would have hit that one yet. But you never know!?!?

Pokemon The Movie, no no no, Pokemon meets Leatherface the Movie, maybe

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Furthermore, The Patriot, good film but remember about the R1 RCE! Might not be a worthwhile investment. Nice movie for ya would be George A Romero's Dawn of The Dead, excellent underated film.

9. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,498
    RCE is of no concern

My Pioneer 919e is a manual select region machine and I also own an import US R1 only toshiba machine, so I think THE PATRIOT shall be my next purchase, they way im going im gonna hit 200 DVDs by X-mas, im gonna need a bigger shelf !

10. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Highly recommend "Ghost Dog". If you a want leisurely-paced drama, with some action in it, that can't easily be pigeon-holed into any one genre, then go for this title.

Pooch

11. YETi

YETi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ninja Scroll is a very good Manga film and well worth purchasing. I have it on VHS and will be ordering the DVD version soon.