Movies from On Demand.....

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by waveydavey13, Feb 28, 2013.

1. waveydavey13

waveydavey13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hi all,

Just wanted to try and clarify something about movies you download from the on demand service, (Not Sky Store movies though).

I noticed when you initially look at the movie in question before downloading it it will say available to download till xx/xx/xxxx. (For example the Bond films all seem to be the end of September this year). I've noticed though that after being downloaded some movies then have a date that they are viewable till but others don't. Am i right in saying then that some movies will delete from your planner at a certain date after being recorded and others won't?

I've just downloaded all 22 Bond films in HD onto our box with the intention of keeping them for the duration of having the box etc... After being downloaded onto our box none of them have anything saying they will be deleted on a certain date so just wanted to confirm that this was the case what with other movies i've downloaded from on demand saying they will be deleted on a certain date.... Think one of them said some time in July this year.

Hope that all makes sense. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

2. aurichie

aurichie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yes they are separate things. Available until refers to the time they will remain downloadable from the Sky On Demand service. That is separate from the "will be deleted on" which is being tacked on to an increasing amount of downloadable content from Sky.

I always try to schedule a Sky Movies recording for movies I think I may want to keep on the box for a long while.

I expect automatic deletions will become a standard contract term in future with the big studios with practically no movies you download from on demand being permitted to be kept indefinitely.