Movies discovery service in mce2005 for the UK

Giz,
I would export the correct key, edit the export, and then double click the new file. Thats how I got it to work....

I had this working fine, but then reinstalled MCE and applied the patch again.

Now it kind of works, but I get error messages saying that 'Automatic Download' is not enabled, so it won't show some of the information - and restricts itself to films that are in the guide.

Any ideas?

Long shot here, but perhaps it's got something to do with your internet connection setup within MCe.

Part of the first time wizard is to ask you what type of internet connection you have, where you can select always on, manual downlaod, or downlaod when connected. Sounds like you need to go investigate that menu....maybe under settings-->general (although I dont have an mce machine nearby to confirm)

Thanks to Werner's posts on this thread, I've managed to enable the Movie Browser and I couldn't be without it now! Thanks Werner!

But one thing still annoys me. When I browse to a movie and display the movie info, only the first few lines of the movie summary are displayed. Is there any way to display the complete summary? I've tried everything and I'm running out of ideas....

Cheers
Chris

Would some kind generous soul post a picture or two to show what the info for a film looks like?

Next challenge... Who can hack their PC so that they're called "films" not "movies" ? :)

Werner said:
You need to change language settings to US by going into Control Panel > Regional and Language Settings > Languages Tab > Details Button and change default input language to United States
Then we need to fool PC into using UK Keyboard layout under the United States as Langauge....
The registry keys below will change to US 409 codepage BUT will retain UK keyboard layout as the UK DLL will be loaded instead of the US one meaning your keys are properly mapped!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000409]
"Layout File"="KBDUK.DLL"
"Layout Text"="United Kingdom"
"Layout Display Name"="@%SystemRoot%\\system32\\input.dll,-5000"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout\DosKeybCodes]
"00000409"="uk"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\MCE.GlobalSettings]
"systemGeoISO2"="US"

voila! now I have a movies icon

There is a slightly easier way of doing this that involves less registry editing

As above Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages Tab > Details Button and change default input language to United States

Add UK Keyboard to installed services on above tab if not there already.

Edit registry
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\MCE.GlobalSettings]
"systemGeoISO2"="US"

Select English (United Kingdom) from Language Bar in the toolbar (this will make the keyboard work without further registry editing).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom