Movie Watching On A Budget - Are You Cutting Back?

Simplyobsessed

My local cinema is a 5 minute walk away (so no parking charges!) and thankfully I've already paid upfront my Unlimited membership for the next 10 months. A relative gave me a code for a year of free Disney plus they didn't want (came with their phone) and I'm on a £1 a month offer for Now TV cinema for the next 6 months. So all I'm actually paying at the moment is £1 a month which is a real blessing because I am feeling the pinch.

Usually I have one (paid) streaming service going at a time and cancel when I'm bored of it, I save a lot of money that way. Don't overlook free options either - in the past couple of weeks I saw 'A Star is Born' and 'Pain and Glory' on iPlayer. Pluto TV is clunky but have some good free films.

Last edited:

lostinspace

Only been to the cinema once in about 10 years to see the Bond movie (not great), and can't see me ever going again.

I haven't bought a disc since well before the first lockdown so the hundreds I have will not get increased ever.

There is lots of good stuff on "normal" TV these days, and I don't lust after new movies like I did. A new movie is one you've never seen before, and I have a Roku stick which has so much stuff I've never seen I could almost live on that alone.

I have Prime but consider it free as my son buys lots for next day delivery. Dumped Disney because they are only interested in SW and MCU - both of which have been done to death now.

I watched Dune at a friend's house and though it was good, if I'd known it was only half a movie before I watched it I wouldn't have bothered.

So, no cutback for me because I'm bare-bones (almost) already.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom