1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie trailer sound...gimped up to sound better...?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Family Guy, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went to see Batman begins yesterday in what I would call a pretty poor cinema. If anyone knows it, it's the Odeon in Epsom. Small screen, average speakers...
    However, when the trailers came on, the whole lot seemed to spring to life!! Saw trailers for The Fantastic 4, War Of The Worlds, the Island & Stealth. Everyone of them had a massive bottom end and about as many surround effects as your average 2 hour film...I was thinking "I hope Batman sounds like this when it comes on...", but it didn't. It sounded somehow "normal".
    Do you think they are jazzing up the trailers to sound better these days to entice more people to go see the movie when it's released? Or have I just seen the trailers for the 4 best sounding movies ever made....?

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I think they probably do "gimp up" the soundtracks a bit for the trailers but similarly if you just watched 3 minutes of the action footage from any film then you'd have a similar experience which is just what trailers are - you aren't engaged with what's going on in the same way as whilst watching the feature when you need to follow characters and dialogue carefully as much as watching the big explosions and Johnny's one-liners. :)

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    No complaints here about the sound of Batman Begins (seen at IMAX).

However trailers often may be somewhat different from the movie, i.e. there might be scenes that aren't in the movie and the sound may be mixed specifically for the trailer.

4. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    No problems here either. Batman Begins had one of the best sound tracks I've heard for a while, very dynamic.

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never said the sound was bad in Batman Begins. In fact I was quite impressed. I DID say however that the sound of the trailers I saw before it were very "expanded" - IYSWIM. I guarantee they won't sound like that when you see the film...

6. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

Family Guy :hiya:

I saw Batman Begins at the Epsom Odeon on Saturday. It was in one of their big screens. The sound was very good, no real complaints at all. The aircon was even working :clap: :clap: :clap: Loved the movie. :thumbsup:

Small world hey :smashin:

7. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Screen 6 mate. Wasn't bad. If you want a real experience, take a trip out to Crawley and see it on screen 4. THX certified, loads of leg room, air con always working. Well worth the drive down but go on a week night, not a friday or Saturday. Crawley seems to have spawned all the chavscum on the earth and they all seem to congregrat around the UCI on those nights. Not a nice experience... :thumbsdow
    Whereabouts are you BTW...I'm in Headley.

8. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    Family Guy :hiya:

Crawley is a nasty place to be. Trailer trash heaven :rolleyes:

I some times go to Purley Way Croydon used to be Warners now Vue Cinemas.

I live in Ewell just a few minutes from Epsom Cinema.

:D