Movie Streaming: Which company?

Yetizone

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm thinking of trying out a UK movie streaming service and wondered who you recommend? I was thinking of trying Netflix as a first port of call, but wondered if you guys have experience of them and are there any others to consider. Not overlay bothered about the having the latest releases, I'm happy to use Blu-Ray for that at the moment, but HD 1080p streaming for the vast majority of content would be nice.

Any advice welcome. :)

PS. Broadband (non fibre optic) speed is pretty snappy at roughly 13mbs.

I've had both lovefilm and netflix and would recommend netflix, hd quality and loads to choose from plus if you take advantage of there "traveling" regulations than it can be awesome

I use unblock us

- Many thanks Lee101 - much appreciated. I'm not familiar with the 'traveling' regulations, could you please expand on that? Any others to consider besides Netflix etc folks ?

You can access different content depending on your location in the world. For example, by and large the US Netflix catalogue is much bigger (and better) than the UK catalogue. By using a service like UnblockUS to change your DNS you can 'trick' Netflix into thinking that you're in another country, thereby enabling access to that country's library. The DNS services usually offer access to a variety of Netflix locales, not just the US, so you could potentially have access to a vast array of content for around £10/month including the Netflix subs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom