movie software help with vista

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by den9112, Jan 19, 2008.

1. den9112

den9112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    Hi, i have been using adobe encore 1.0 for quite a few years now , but i am now having a few problems , Not sure whether it is software , hardware or other . My pc is a bit dated now and i have been looking for a new pc but encore is not compatible with vista. I have looked at sony vegas but it does not say if it is ok with vista , can anyone recomend any movie software with editing and dvd authouring or what specs i should now be looking for on a pc to do the job . Or any software that is fine with vista .Thanks

2. den9112

den9112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +365
    Looking for editng software that will let me do animated motion menus . Thanks

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,517
    Try the software you have - it may work with Vista!

I have just installed a lot of old software onto my new Vista PC and it all loaded and worked fine (with only a couple of exceptions). Just because it is not listed as being Vista compatible does not mean that it wont work with it.

If it wont work then just about all the latest versions of the editing programs will be listed as Vista compatible. Download a few from the makers web sites to try on the 30 day free trials that they offer to see which one(s) you like.

I'm not sure about the DVD authoring in the editing programs, but Ulead DVD MovieFactory does offer motion menus.

Mark.