• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Movie software for netbook

Oldi

Hi,

I am in the process of putting some VOB file movies onto a netbook but cannot play them. I have also put Nero 9 on but it will only play the files after a trial download is loaded, then need to pay to upgrade the software.

Is there a free application to play films please? As usual, left this to the last minute and now in a rush to sort it out...

Thanks.

next010

Distinguished Member
MPC-HC or XBMC are other options too all free.

If ripping vob files it's best to rip to a self contained .iso image of the disc (most DVD rippers support this), that ensures better compatibility with media players as not all players handle reading the raw files from a DVD in a folder well.

Oldi

MPC-HC or XBMC are other options too all free.

If ripping vob files it's best to rip to a self contained .iso image of the disc (most DVD rippers support this), that ensures better compatibility with media players as not all players handle reading the raw files from a DVD in a folder well.

Thanks for the tip, I use DVDFab to backup DVD's. I began to try their Rip feature but it displayed a total of 3hrs so abandoned it, is there another better solution (preferably free/cheap as I will not use it much)?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom