Movie screenshot eye candy

Many prefer the LOTR trilogy but I actually preferred the Hobbit trilogy better. Once you start it’s hard to stop

Yet another occurrence of The 3D discs looking brilliant for the Hobbit trilogy 😎

Yet another occurrence of The 3D discs looking brilliant for the Hobbit trilogy 😎
Man you are screwed if all manufacturers stop doing 3D 😂

thats not a thank you..thats praying emoji am giving you :D
LOL but in all seriousness almost all if not all TV manufacturers have dropped 3D, Epson the biggest projector company in the world has dropped it on their latest and greatest models it doesn't look great for the long term future of 3D.

Though maybe the polar ice caps might have melted before this happens. :laugh:

LOL but in all seriousness almost all if not all TV manufacturers have dropped 3D, Epson the biggest projector company in the world has dropped it on their latest and greatest models it doesn't look great for the long term future of 3D.
I dont mind TVs not having 3D ...even my pioneer kuro from over decade ago didnt have 3D or my sony a90J now... 3D never made sense with TVs... just too small for immersion and it was a bit comical the little screen and things popping out..

the projectors though and every projector have owned in epson or JVC across multiple generations have had 3D and it makes a lot of sense with 3D and projectors ... like 3D audio...with 3D video you have a whole room experience ... only epson has dropped 3D on their new laser... no one else has... i see no reason for them to drop it.. eg with jvc i only bought the stuff necessary for 3D once ... in a kit with emitter and glasses... i have carried these across 3 gen of their product and if updated to their new lasers could still use ..
Though maybe the polar ice caps might have melted before this happens. :laugh:
while there are enough folk praying for it not to be .. it unlikely will ever happen :D

I have them all in 3D…. only watched the 2D discs 😂. Maybe I will dust the 3D glasses off and have a look.

I have them all in 3D…. only watched the 2D discs 😂. Maybe I will dust the 3D glasses off and have a look.
Well worth it, 3D needs a little tweaking but even by eye it’s very very good!.

Anyone remember this one. Blu-ray
received_461764145214502.jpeg
received_564102681481847.jpeg
received_429063461983264.jpeg

Watched, Nobody tonight very good film and will give your sub a workout.

Watched Clock Work Orange on 4k uhd blu-ray via JVC N7. Its a movie I have somehow never seen before... so no frame of reference of the past. Theres quite a bit to get over ... get through...I dont think a movie like this could be contemplated or even made today ....

Picture wise, i have not i am sure ever come across a better restoration... this movie is 50 years old ! and gosh bot picture and even audio is pretty amazing.

View attachment 1587338View attachment 1587339View attachment 1587340View attachment 1587341View attachment 1587342View attachment 1587343View attachment 1587344View attachment 1587345View attachment 1587346View attachment 1587347
Very special if you ask me :)

They don't make movies like this anymore :D. What a shame.

There is a bit of silly acting here and there where actors are laughing when they should not etc. (rape scene etc.) but in general it is something else :)

Very special if you ask me :)

They don't make movies like this anymore :D. What a shame.
I bet you they just cant make a movie like this these days...

There is a bit of silly acting here and there where actors are laughing when they should not etc. (rape scene etc.) but in general it is something else :)
even the key role... but i think it was to pan out the juvenile nature in some cases...but yes some silly acting in some places.... there is definitely plenty of "what the hell ? " scenes through out the movie :D

the decor of so many places just blew me away. be interesting if any still remain... would be quite an experience walking in :D

Apocalypto 1080P

IMO it’s Mel Gibson’s best movie, shocking brutality but compelling viewing none the less.

D040A450-092E-4E33-A155-71AAD610E17B.jpeg
A97A0053-3EFB-4A1E-9C6B-8210270E1E1F.jpeg
73F5E959-C571-4F48-822B-5D9FBCB31EA9.jpeg
2F7FE3C8-1AE9-4B5E-925E-DCF2BD07E609.jpeg
37D35CFB-B169-4141-B803-07DEF1B080F4.jpeg
F2F5884D-A7E3-4457-B7F5-1C4F5ACA7583.jpeg
01EB36BF-38FE-47CF-B199-5C7821CDEA05.jpeg
344CC7BD-3F77-46AB-97B3-DDB7B0BE87CD.jpeg
C9CA7F5D-0CA4-4E02-AC56-D0741ED35687.jpeg

Last edited:
Apocalypto 1080P
great shots ! in the early days of blu-ray this was one of first using the genesis 2k digital shot movies.... i remember seeing apocalypto and remember a few aspects its pace and very clean looking scenes...

there were parts made stomach churn though ! and been always remembering the movie and hesitant to re watch :D amazed you watched this one luminated, given movies you have said dont like watching ... wouldnt have thought your cup of tea :D

great shots ! in the early days of blu-ray this was one of first using the genesis 2k digital shot movies.... i remember seeing apocalypto and remember a few aspects its pace and very clean looking scenes...

there were parts made stomach churn though ! and been always remembering the movie and hesitant to re watch :D amazed you watched this one luminated, given movies you have said dont like watching ... wouldnt have thought your cup of tea :D
I must admit I was surprised by the quality considering it must be 15 or so years old. I can’t do horror that play on your mind but a good thriller with a bit of gore is OK.

I REALLY enjoyed this, it’s actually making me want to look up other movies that Mel Gibson directed.

In The Earth 1080p, interesting film, looked really good.
935D1337-8762-4628-B2F2-CB3D1DDA9FF4.jpeg
E51AB992-7A37-418D-ADD1-C2FB554FAC44.jpeg

Apocalypto 1080P

IMO it’s Mel Gibson’s best movie, shocking brutality but compelling viewing none the less.
Really good film, as a director it’s either this or Hacksaw Ridge for me. As an actor Mad Max 2 is my favourite. Unfortunately with Gibson you definitely have to remove the artist from the art, the man is a disaster.

Big fan of Apocalypto. I would not call it brutal but realistic. Real life is brutal, we just mostly don't experience it in our cosy 21st century 1st world version of it.

What I am trying to say is that it is brutal but in realistic way when and where it is needed so the brutality is justified by what is happening on the screen.

I don't like movies where brutality is forced to forefront without any reason or sense like in John Wick for example and many more.

Last edited:
Big fan of Apocalypto. I would not call it brutal but realistic. Real life is brutal, we just mostly don't experience it in our cosy 21st century 1st world version of it.

What I am trying to say is that it is brutal but in realistic way when and where it is needed so the brutality is justified by what is happening on the screen.

I don't like movies where brutality is forced to forefront without any reason or sense like in John Wick for example and many more.
It’s realistic much like Saving Private Ryan, Jury, the Pacific, Schindler's List etc all showing the brutality of war.

Had some time to kill on Thursday so watched the Zack Snyder version of 'Justice League'. At first the 4:3 format really did my head in but after 4 hours of watching I'd forgotten about that. As for the movie, although it is indeed a long watch I enjoyed it, more-so than the original release version. Sorry, no screen shots - didn't want to take even more time pausing for pics :)
zack-snyders-justice-league-movie-review-2.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom