Movie Releases Pushed Back Chat Due To Coronavirus(Covid19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just can't see it. Honestly can't. How are they gonna do it? And the big releases won't chance it surely.

And it's not like they can pull them the day before, they'll have to announce in the next few weeks.

Looking like an absolute disaster for cinema's to be honest :(

I just can't see it. Honestly can't. How are they gonna do it? And the big releases won't chance it surely.

And it's not like they can pull them the day before, they'll have to announce in the next few weeks.

With the US in particular seemingly now in reverse with the virus, the earliest the higher profile releases can hit will be late September/October imo. And that's assuming that they (and everywhere else) get a grip on infection rates.

Goddamnit America, I need my cinema back with movies, especially Hitmans Bodyguard 2.

HB2 been pencilled in for next year for sometime now....
I know but was hoping it might be moved up if things got back to semi normal, I thought a year delay was just playing it safe.

Halloween Kills moved back 1 year to 15 october 2021
new short teaser trailer

Candyman moves from sept to Oct 16th (replacing Halloween after that moving 1 yr)

I'm beginning to fear we may see no blockbusters in 2020 now. And that many cinema's all over the place will just close as a result.

It's hard to imagine with fears of multiple waves of the virus for the rest of this year, how the US market is going to be accessible for the major features.

Hopefully cinemas will manage to survive although it sounds like Hollywood will struggle to get films originally scheduled for 2021 wrapped up what with the ongoing chaos Stateside.

And so the delays to 2021 release dates begins... guess we’ll have this year’s movies to watch instead, assuming the multiplexes survive...

Disney have now pulled everything - basically given everything, including Mulan an indefinite release date.

AMC/Cineworld look to be delaying their reopening in the US.

Cheers,

Nigel

Mulan and Tenet were the 2 big films to kick start the Cinema campaign push, without those two the future looks grim as something like A Quiet Place 2 is simply not big enough to pull large audiences.

Mulan and Tenet were the 2 big films to kick start the Cinema campaign push, without those two the future looks grim as something like A Quiet Place 2 is simply not big enough to pull large audiences.

Couldn’t agree more. I have Cineworld Unlimited (three memberships in the family). and I have been keeping a keen eye on (1) whether I feel it is safe and (2) whether there is enough that I want to see to justify the expense.

I had already decided to take up the offer to freeze the memberships for up to three months but now even that is not looking sufficient because I’m no longer confident that there will be anything in November.

Cheers,

Nigel

Theres another problem with MULAN. Its an American made movie about Chinese characters and the relations between China, America and the UK couldn't be lower at the moment. So the studio reckons if they release it in the USA it would bomb and if they released it in China, the second biggest cinema market in the world, as its made by an American studio, it would also bomb. So its release has been put on indefinite hold. ie locked in the vaults with no plans for release, irregardless of the killer virus.

I really think they should release it over on netflix/amazon. make it payable rentable media and they will surely make the same money as they would in the cinema.

I would pay £20 for Tenant to be available to me for a period of time on my amazon prime/netflix so i can watch it at my own convenience

First debuting to streaming is looking more and more likely as spikes in the virus everywhere are proving to be very concerning.

In my North West area, Manchester, increased lock downs due to second high virus spike rates include Blackburn, Derwent, Rochdale and today, Oldham. Thats 2 miles from where we live. In my opinion Middleton will be next as its geographically sandwiched in between the two. Not good.

First debuting to streaming is looking more and more likely as spikes in the virus everywhere are proving to be very concerning.

For sure, Universal seems to be adopting for this route. Shorter cinema release then straight to VOD premium.

been to the cinema a couple of times in the last week terminator which was empty and unhinged which had about 5 people in and this was in the evening showing
wore a mask in the cinema but not in the screening as its not comfortable for long periods the cinema doesn't seem to be inforcing it i guess tenet is the test to see if the cinema can still work so please go or the cinema could close and i don't feel like paying for 8 different streaming services

Halloween Kills moved back 1 year to 15 october 2021
new short teaser trailer

pft not released on Halloween is blasphemy

Hm, my english is not the best, but i hope you can try to answer me something here.

They post-poned / re-scheduled many movies.
They even stop filming many movies in the process of filming

Now we have, a bunch of movies that are pushed from early/mid 2020s to late 2020s or early 2021.
Now as, Covid is not stopping, seems to me, they will again push back release of some of major movies.

Now my question is....

What the hell are they thinking? They can't release 20 movies each week in 2021, so will they then stop releasing and filming new content for 2022 or? I mean, each week they usualy give us 2-3 top cinema movies, now they have over 50-60 movies from 2020 pushed to 2021, and what about those who was needed to be released in 2021? If they release all of them, it is over 100 top movies. Not posible for audience to see in 1 year. People have no free time to go watch 2 movies each week + it is expensive.

Seems to me, it is all about time, soon they will break and stop doing cinema, just release on vod. COVID will stay for another year and cinamas will be empty, they can't afford to stop releasing movies.

Hm, my english is not the best, but i hope you can try to answer me something here.

They post-poned / re-scheduled many movies.
They even stop filming many movies in the process of filming

Now we have, a bunch of movies that are pushed from early/mid 2020s to late 2020s or early 2021.
Now as, Covid is not stopping, seems to me, they will again push back release of some of major movies.

Now my question is....

What the hell are they thinking? They can't release 20 movies each week in 2021, so will they then stop releasing and filming new content for 2022 or? I mean, each week they usualy give us 2-3 top cinema movies, now they have over 50-60 movies from 2020 pushed to 2021, and what about those who was needed to be released in 2021? If they release all of them, it is over 100 top movies. Not posible for audience to see in 1 year. People have no free time to go watch 2 movies each week + it is expensive.

Seems to me, it is all about time, soon they will break and stop doing cinema, just release on vod. COVID will stay for another year and cinamas will be empty, they can't afford to stop releasing movies.
All the films film be pushed accordingly, and we may even see some go straight to Video on Demand as Studios may need to support their cash flow.

I don't think anyone knows what the future holds and you can see the studios are contemplating decisions based on the current situations (Tenet & Mulan).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom