Movie Releases Pushed Back Chat Due To Coronavirus(Covid19)

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
Dave Bautista film My Spy had its spring cinema release postponed, and has just appeared on Amazon Prime!

And featuring one of your namesakes too.

Just read a positive review and sounds ideal for a family night. I actually wanted to show my boys Kindergarten Cop but not overly comfortable with the scene in which the kids talk about vaginas. I can picture my outspoken 7 year asking me: “what’s a vagina?” :D

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member

Drax1

Distinguished Member

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Tom Hanks' new flick Greyhound has had it's theatrical release canned. It'll now premier on Apple TV+.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Tom Hanks' new flick Greyhound has had it's theatrical release canned. It'll now premier on Apple TV+.
I'm curious if this film will turn out to be any good considering they delayed the release by 15 months previously...

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Kong Vs Godzilla now looking likely to be pushed from November to next May...

Last edited:

Fillumgeek

Tenet is a huge movie, cost-wise. It's a risk for Warner Brothers to even go July 31st.

Much as we can't wait to see it, as film fans.

mazon27091

I won't be going to cinemas when they re-open, especially if facemasks are required (I'm asthmatic) The studios have little faith in things going back to 'normal' which is quite evident by there timidness to commit any big movie to a specific date (all seem pending.) They even moved Tenet which was being held up as the first big film to open until very recently. Social distancing will take out 75% of seats per auditorium, therefore every film will have to use four similar sized screens to get the takings they'd normally get for one. This is a massive blow to the cinemas whose overall takens will literally be hit by 75% and thats if the cinema is full in all screens.

I think that the studios need to change the way they release films in future.

januilo

Standard Member
I'm waiting for Wonderwoman 2020 and A Quiet Place 2. Anyone here who is speculating these films too. I hope they'll be shown soon.

Garioch

Not sure if this is the correct place for this (well it is Corona Virus related) but...

Kissing starts again in French films

Actors have started kissing again on French film shoots, the country's culture minister said Friday.

Franck Riester said "kissing has started again on sets" where the "actors have been tested" for the coronavirus.

And he insisted that l'amour is not completely dead despite the pandemic.

French cinemas are to reopen after a three-month coronavirus closure on Monday but with drastic distancing measures that mean they can never be more than half full. (Shutterstock/File)

Actors have started kissing again on French film shoots, the country's culture minister said Friday.

Franck Riester said "kissing has started again on sets" where the "actors have been tested" for the coronavirus.

And he insisted that l'amour is not completely dead despite the pandemic.

The ministers told French radio that while shooting in Europe's biggest film industry was allowed to restart earlier this month, "they waited a bit before doing that kiss that is so important in cinema".

Reister did not say which film or which actors were the first to get back to on-screen smooching.

"No, the kiss is not over with," the politician declared when asked if social distancing was in danger of killing off love scenes altogether.

French cinemas are to reopen after a three-month coronavirus closure on Monday but with drastic distancing measures that mean they can never be more than half full.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I won't be going to cinemas when they re-open, especially if facemasks are required (I'm asthmatic) The studios have little faith in things going back to 'normal' which is quite evident by there timidness to commit any big movie to a specific date (all seem pending.) They even moved Tenet which was being held up as the first big film to open until very recently. Social distancing will take out 75% of seats per auditorium, therefore every film will have to use four similar sized screens to get the takings they'd normally get for one. This is a massive blow to the cinemas whose overall takens will literally be hit by 75% and thats if the cinema is full in all screens.

I think that the studios need to change the way they release films in future.
Honestly face masks are going to be completely pointless unless they enforce a no food or drink policy in their cinemas, what is the point in a face mask if you keep taking it on and off every minute and make sure nobody uses their hands to touch any part of their face.

Honestly every film I go to see the cinema is barely even 1/3 full.

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Honestly face masks are going to be completely pointless unless they enforce a no food or drink policy in their cinemas, what is the point in a face mask if you keep taking it on and off every minute and make sure nobody uses their hands to touch any part of their face.

Honestly every film I go to see the cinema is barely even 1/3 full.
Drinks are possible with one of these masks I suppose but don’t fancy trying to eat popcorn through a straw!

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Tom Clancy's Without Remorse has been shunted from October to next February. Shame, was looking forward to it.

nheather

Distinguished Member
I wonder whether we will see a few more pushed back. There are a few big releases scheduled over the next few weeks but with the resurgence of cases in the US and more states going back under full lockdown, will they be pushed back if the US audience is unavailable or restricted.

UPDATE There’s me being clever and insightful but it seems it is already happening. Tenet has now been moved back to August 12th. And I read that Disney are worried about Mulan given that US cinemas are not opening as fast as was hoped, more states are going back to lockdown and cinemas in China have been re-closed after new infections. The article put it very well “Disney don’t want their $200 million film to be the first canary sent down the coal mine”.

Actually, just read that Mulan has been pushed back to August 21st, handing over the task of ‘first canary’ to Tenet.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited: