Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Movie Orientation (Quicktime)

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by blackstone, Mar 13, 2005.

1. blackstone

blackstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I took several short movies using an Oly mju 410 and on play back they all look fine to a newbie like me. The problem is i have downloaded to my pc and some of them now have incorrect orientation. They play back on Quicktime format with no option that i can find to rotate. I tried to export to windows media player but just get a blank screen. Any advice appreciated. :)

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,463
    I rotated some of my AVI files using Windows Movie Maker which comes with XP, it gives you the option to rotate them around 90,180,270 degrees. I don't think that it will import .mov files unfortunately, so you may need to find a way of converting them into another format.

3. blackstone

blackstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks John, the other options would be to upgrade to Quick Time Pro or upgrade Camedia package that came with the camera. Will also try and see if I can find conversion plug in from AVI to .Mov