1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Maker 2 versus Pinnacle

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ThePuttKing, Jul 16, 2003.

1. ThePuttKing

ThePuttKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just tried a trial version of Pinnacle and to be honest I'm not impressed. I use Movie Maker 2 and I think it's great. I was expecting alot more from Pinnacle but apart from a few transitions that look stupid, there isn't a great deal of difference between the two. And of course Movie Maker 2 is free compared to Pinnacle costing £40 or whatever.

I urge anybody to try Movie Maker 2 first rather than spedning money on Pinnacle.

2. tb_uk

tb_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just down loaded movie maker 2 and burnt cd for the pc, does movie maker 2 doa format that will play mpeg for home dvd player

3. Mr Pleasant

Mr Pleasant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Looking into this lately and without having hands-on experience of Pinnacle, it seems Pinnacle has two main advantages over MM2: MPEG2 capture from the camera (a big space saver if you don't expect to burn a disk for a while) and built-in VCD/SVCD/DVD burning capability, with basic DVD authoring included (menus, chapters, etc). Even though MM2 is both good and free, you still need your disk burning software and when you look at price you find Pinnacle is only going to cost you about £20 more than your disk burning software alone.