1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Maker 2 v. Pinnacle 9

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Apache, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Apache

Apache

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just acquired a TRV 60 and have been offered Pinnacle 9 at £39. I presume that price will only last for a few days beacuse it's the place I got the camcorder from.

I am wondering however whether Pinnacle 9 is worth it. Am I going to be able to do loads more than I can with MM2?

Main things I will be interested in are editing of video and stills from the memory stick (I have bought a USB stick reader to assist with that).

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have Windows XP you will already have MovieMaker (ensure you have version 2 - free download from Microsoft website) this will handle stills and video no problem but being a free programme does hav a number of limitations, - why not just try MM2 for a while and see whether those limitations are a problem for you.

If you'd like to know what you can do with WMM2 pay a visit to www.papajohn.org an independant website devoted to WMM2.

An independant site for Pinnacle Studio 9 can be found at :-
    http://www.mikeshaw.co.uk

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Pinnacle (I assume Studio) 9 will allow you a lot more options for outputting the final video footage. MM2 only allows copying back to tape, output for the Web and play from timeline (I think thats all). Studio 9 will allow you far more options including creating VCD's and DVD's.

Mark.