1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Maker 2 aand VCD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by NormanB, Oct 19, 2003.

1. NormanB

NormanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am having major problems with Windows MovieMaker 2.0 and specifically burning output to CDR. I am a newbie to video editing and matters digital, so it is entirely possible I am fouling things up and asking the software to do things that were not intended. My aim is to produce a vcd home movie that can be viewed on a standalone DVD player.

The CD Drive is a Liteon 52246S and I have upgraded it to the latest firmware. Device Manager reports it as functioning correctly and it uses a generic windows driver. I have checked the Liteon site there are no driver updates available. I have uninstalled/reinstalled to eliminate driver corruption. The CDROM will successfully copy music CDs. I use quality (TDK) media and have set the max write speed to X16 to match the media in use.

In WMM I can transfer digital video from my Sony PC100E via firewire without problem and indeed can send it back to a fresh tape. However on each occassion of attempting to 'burn' to CDR (using the 'send to CD function in WMM), I end up producing a coaster. This will occur on all file sizes as I have experimented with a one minute clip. I do not get any error messages at all and initially all looks well and things progress until it reaches 58% (and I thought the meaning of the universes was 42!!) and then it just sits there and does b***** all and will sit there for hours.

The PC is a P4/2.6, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD using the XP Pro OS.

Grateful for any help or advice.

NormanB

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    What I would suggest you try doing is outputting your video onto the Hard Disk and just save as AVI and let the burning software do the conversion.
    Once created then use Nero (or whatever CD-R burning software you have) to burn the file as a VCD.
    Full instructions can be found at www.dvdrhelp.com

Mark.

3. NormanB

NormanB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark

Thank you very much for your response, I will try that.

VMT