Movie feed from a pc

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Balle Klorin, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Balle Klorin

Balle Klorin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

I have a Hitachi Tx10 which I mainly use to watch DVDs played from my computer. The PJ is native 16:9 which I though to be a good thing for watching widescreen movies, but...

The resolution outputted from my computer is naturally 4:3 which means that the projector blacks out the horisontal edges. Fair enough. But when I play 16:9 movies, the movies are fitted inside this 4:3 resolution, so when I am watching movies using the projector there's a black stripe both vertically and horisontally! This seems like such a waste and significantly reduces the quality of the image (especially given that the resolution of the projector is 850x600). Is there any way I can avoid this problem?

Grateful for any help!

Lars

2. iansimpson888

iansimpson888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    The simple solution is to set the resolution on the PC to match the projector, if that resolution is not one of the standard resolutions then download a program called powerstrip, which allows you to create custom resolutions.
    A search on this forum and over at avs should give you more than enough info to complete this.