Movie downloads terrible sound

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are people still getting low sound volume and crappy quality sound on sky movie downloads? I need my receiver on near reference levels just to watch a movie and even then the quality is like listening to it in a cardboard box. Every other device I have plays movies brilliantly except SKY Q. Just tried to watch Twist in Atmos and that’s one of the low ones.

Last edited:

hi i saw ur forum couple years ago about a currys business account, did u ever buy the item and did they ask for proof of business and were u liable to a refund if they denied ur business account. my discord is Bradders#7867

any help appreciated

Yep
Vastly varrying sound levels sometimes needing 3 times the usual volume.

way more than “1 louder”

Are people still getting low sound volume and crappy quality sound on sky movie downloads? I need my receiver on near reference levels just to watch a movie and even then the quality is like listening to it in a cardboard box. Every other device I have plays movies brilliantly except SKY Q. Just tried to watch Twist in Atmos and that’s one of the low ones.
Sky volume varies dramatically, but is usually on the quiet side. I normally have to watch at anything between -16db to -9db depending on the film.

As far as "Twist" goes, you didn't miss anything, it's cobblers.

Hmmm.... am i going to have to agree with Captain James?

yesteday a cross numerous channels it was like I had ear plugs in. Change audio to normal all was well. Except it’s no Dolby

shockingly bad.... as was Twist tbh

Last edited:
Sky volume varies dramatically, but is usually on the quiet side. I normally have to watch at anything between -16db to -9db depending on the film.

As far as "Twist" goes, you didn't miss anything, it's cobblers.
Yes I agree. Turned off Twist it was very bad.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom