1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movie clubs etc

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by stallanzii, Feb 7, 2005.

1. stallanzii

stallanzii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just thought i would ask if anyone on here knew of any movie appreciation type clubs in the North?

afterwards at a pub / bar then discuss / argue / jump up and down with excitement about what they have just seen over 1 - 27 drinks :blush: , finish the evening not necessarily knowing their own name, but knowing the credits should have been at the end, the boat scene was amazing and so well filmed but that the man in the taxi should have been on for longer etc - get the gist?

The only ones I know of are for film makers rather than the watchers.

just thought i'd ask

Stal

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

Your best bet, is to contact your local library, and see if they have a list of locally-run/organised "Clubs And Societies". Most major libraries have one, and I'm sure there should be something relatively near you.

Alternatively do an Internet search for film clubs/societies in X area of the UK, and see if you come up with anything. Also check to see if cinemas in your areas know of any clubs or events. You may find they are more helpful than you have at first thought.

Good Luck! :)

Pooch

3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Went to a few of these many moons ago when I first moved to the Greater Manchester area.

Imagine being trapped in a pub with 20 Cliff Clavins.

In all cases... be afraid... be very afraid... :)