1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Analyzing ( What exactly WAS wrong with the film ! )

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dUnKle, Nov 19, 2000.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,412
    Further to my AMERICAN PSYCO thread I wandered what other films stand up ( or fall down ) to a little bit of analysing !
    What about THE MATRIX, why could they just not be bloody happy ? and why when eating the food ( when the one guy is about to betray the group ) does the food not have that green tinge like all other inside the matrix things do ?

Any others ?

2. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    <LOL> I have to confess I can't think of anything to offer here. You remind me of a friend at the moment; he's very picky of such holes and faults, and I have to say it drives me nuts! d:)

I only seem to notice when I get really annoyed by a film, and that tends to be things like typing on a keyboard not matching the screen or illogical s/w (something for which I have no patience, being a s/w developer myself).

Still, I *do* buy the "Nit-Pickers Guide To" books like the Trekky ones and X-Files season 1 - 4. Ha, just thought, I received X-Files S1 on DVD last week and have the book to go with it! Result!

Not sure what I'm trying to say here...

Stuart

3. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  4. Watto

Watto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I'm a nitpicker at heart then, I could never get past the "battery" scene in The Matrix...

1- Why humans for batteries?
    Was the AI behind the matrix created by Dr Evil.?

"Evil" AI- Begin putting the humans into The Matrix!
    "Scott" AI- What, you're feeding them?
    Evil AI- I've constructed an overly elaborate artificial world filled with hundreds of sentient Agent programs to support and police the human minds while we use them as cattle.
    Scott AI- Here's an idea then, why don't you just use CATTLE? No need for a matrix, no chance of rebellion...
    Evil AI-You just don't get it do you Scott?

2- How does the human body convert the energy put into it into MORE energy?

Ah, but it's all explained with that throw away line at the end isn't it "combined with a sort of fusion"(plot device alert!).

btw nitpicking isn't the same as disliking, I liked the matrix, really!

5. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    What about Hollow Man. I was looking forward to this and it like 'he's invisible, he's gone insae!!' There was no build up to it. This ruined it for me. There was just no motive to it.

6. Jesus H

Jesus H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    was it the power of being invisible which turned him insane or was it the thought of not beng visible again.

is that not the intentional question posed by hollow man.

Perhaps this sould have been furthered or explined more

------------------
    'This one's got a bad mmooooooooooooooooootivaaaaaaator (in a very camp voice)'

member formerly known as hank hill

7. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Or was it the very thought that he was maybe not as perfectly clear, like Claude Rains in THE INVISABLE MAN. Nor, as perfectly clear as Dick Nixon, it must be a burden to be an invisable man!

------------------

Rachael, the big disc cat!