• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Moved House - Sky Box Issue

Nikumba

My mate has just moved house and since he has no net, he asked me to ask a question.

Had sky at old house, new house had dish. Plugged the box in said was not recieving a sat signal. In the setup menu he had 1/3 to 1/2 signal strength no signal quality, signal lock was ok and no network id.

Sky engineer came out on Monday and sorted the dish however most of the +1 channels, music channels and the BBC channels were not working, and he left saying it was fine.

Got him back and he checked the box and basically said my mate needs a new box. I could accept that IF none of hte channels worked but only some do which leads me to belive he lying about needing a new box.

Is it possible a new box is needed or is it the contract just being lazy?

Cheers

Nikumba

S

sinbrad

Sounds like it could be a possible LNB problem. Only way to see is to get hold of another digibox and see if the outcome is the same? If it's the LNB it's quite a straighforward swap for a new one and obviously cheaper than a second box!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom