move from sky?

vix2000

Standard Member
I moved from the dreadful Tiscali to the brilliant zen, who, although fantastic, were also expensive. Last April we had sky hd fitted, so decided to have the sky max broadband, discounted because we have sky talk.

From the start there was a connection problem which starts anywhere between 12 midnight and 4am and can last anything from 5 minutes to an hour, constantly dropping signal and not reconnecting, and numerous times, then eventually reconnecting itself. As an insomniac I find this extremely annoying, so am wondering wether I should cancel in april and go with O2, my mobile provider.

Any thoughts on this please?

beerhunter

Novice Member
Before you go any further, you need to figure out what is dropping out - the broadband connection or the connection from your PC to the router?

vix2000

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. on the network and sharing center it is the connection between sky and internet. Laptop to sky is still ok, the red cross is on the other side. Is this what you mean?

beerhunter

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply. on the network and sharing center it is the connection between sky and internet. Laptop to sky is still ok, the red cross is on the other side. Is this what you mean?
Sorry but I am lost. When you get the drop out can you ping the router - 192.168.0.1

vix2000

Standard Member
View attachment 160587

the red cross appears between the sky and the internet so I have assumed that it is the connection between the router and the internet as opposed to the laptop and the router. I'm afraid I don't know what "ping" is???? Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom