Move from DSP-A2 to DSP-AX750?

gdunbar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was thinking about buying a new amp for 6.1 sound, and have read positive reviews about the Yamaha DSP-AX750. I currently have a Yamaha DSP-A2 which is a cracking amp - would it be a worthwhile move onto the AX750 for 6.1 sound?

My speaker setup consists of KEF Q35 fronts, KEF 95c centre and Monitor Audio Bronze BFX rears - no sub yet.

Thanks

Gavin

I had a Yamaha DSP A3090 which was the predecessor to the A1 (cost me £1800). I was dubious about swapping it for a Pioneer AX-5ai (£950). I was worried that the Pioneer wouldn't be a match for the old Yammy.
Boy, was I wrong! The Pioneer just blows the Yamaha out of the water.
I don't really know anything about the 750 but I'm guessing it will outperform the now dated A2.
Personally I'm more than happy with 5.1, don't see much of a benefit with 6.1.
Effects speakers in the floor & in the ceiling: now that would be worth doing!

Hi Gavin,

I had an A1 up till a few months ago, it started giving me trouble so I decided to upgrade.

I wanted to stick with Yamaha because I love the type of sound they provide.

I went for the yam 2500 reciever. It is more than a match for my old A1 and for a fraction of the price. Also provides more decoding options and 7.1 too.

Hope this helps.... :thumbsup:

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Going to head out this afternoon to pickup some new cabling for my speakers, so will have a listen to a few different amps while in the shop.

Cheers

Gavin

Hi,

Went down to pickup my speaker cable yesterday ended up coming out with a Marantz SR5500 instead of the Yamaha AX750. Chose the Marantz in the end as it seemed to sound a little nicer than the Yamaha when playing music, other than that they seemed very similar.

Out of the box it sounds much better than my DSP-A2, and I have not been through and actually set it up properly yet. Looks like my afternoon is sorted then!

Cheers

Gavin

I'm glad you're enjoying it Gavin, any probs setting it up give me a call at the shop.

Chris.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom