Move download sites?

Faust

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good reliable movie download site at a reasonable cost? and perhaps just as important, one that lets you search their library to see if they stock the films that you are interested in downloading. There appears to be plenty of sites out there, but they seem to want your money before you can do a search. Could turn out to be pretty expensive they do not stock your particular taste in films.

PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM PIRATE SPAM

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pooch

i feel i must point out Faust that downloading movies is illegal, but if you're gonna do it, don't bloody pay for it, that's just stupid!

Just to clarify...

Faust if you are asking for sites that supply pirated movies then I am afraid that such a request is against forum rules...

But if you are not there are a number of sites in the States which offer that service.

However people round here like to jump to conclusions like the ever so articulate Pooch. Do a search on your favourite engine, if you can trawl through the pirate stuff you will find legit sites.

Although with our quite slow download rates compared to our US and Asian friends you may be in for quite a wait.

Mr Piper,

You said:
Russell_Piper said:
People round here like to jump to conclusions like the ever so articulate Pooch.

Beg to differ... Mate! :lesson:

Faust asked: "Does anyone know of a good reliable movie download site at a reasonable cost?"

I don't know what world you live in, Mr Piper, but I think you need to be more careful before making accusations about me, that you can't back up! :mad:

Me - inarticulate?! That's the same as saying that watching "Baywatch" is educational! Come on! Who do you think you are kidding?

Faust is obviously looking for sites where he/she can illegally download movies (e.g. cinema movies, not peoples own home-camcorder films), for free or cheap! He/she is obviously wanting to bypass all legal routes, to see such films! He/she is looking to do it, without having to cough-up any money!

At which point, Mr Piper, do you think this is legit?! :lesson: More to the point, who do you think you are kidding?!

AV Forums is a respectable website forum, that doesn't condone, and will NEVER condone piracy, in any way, shape or form! It reflects badly on the site's administrators. It reflects badly on people like myself, and Lex, and the other Moderators who have worked hard at keeping the site respectable and legitimate, without trying to infringe on freedom of speech. And, it reflects badly on all those people who spend money on legitimate film-viewing!

So, if Faust wants to find a website, and download illegal copies of copyright-protected material, then that's fine by me. However, he/she is not going to be using AV Forums, as a way to find out where such a facility exists!

Now, is that inarticulate enough for you, Mr P?! :nono:

Pooch

I might have read it wrong but it seemed to me that he was asking for a list of sites which supply films for a price and I have seen several sites that do this advertised on the net and I thought a few of them were legit but if they are all illegal then perhaps this is something Faust did not know.

No you did not read it wrong, Faust did just not specify either way I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt unlike others.

Pooch, in my books the same two words repeated over and over is a pretty poor use of the english language.

PoochJD said:
Mr Piper,

You said:

Beg to differ... Mate! :lesson:

Faust asked: "Does anyone know of a good reliable movie download site at a reasonable cost?"

I don't know what world you live in, Mr Piper, but I think you need to be more careful before making accusations about me, that you can't back up! :mad:

Me - inarticulate?! That's the same as saying that watching "Baywatch" is educational! Come on! Who do you think you are kidding?

Faust is obviously looking for sites where he/she can illegally download movies (e.g. cinema movies, not peoples own home-camcorder films), for free or cheap! He/she is obviously wanting to bypass all legal routes, to see such films! He/she is looking to do it, without having to cough-up any money!

At which point, Mr Piper, do you think this is legit?! :lesson: More to the point, who do you think you are kidding?!

AV Forums is a respectable website forum, that doesn't condone, and will NEVER condone piracy, in any way, shape or form! It reflects badly on the site's administrators. It reflects badly on people like myself, and Lex, and the other Moderators who have worked hard at keeping the site respectable and legitimate, without trying to infringe on freedom of speech. And, it reflects badly on all those people who spend money on legitimate film-viewing!

So, if Faust wants to find a website, and download illegal copies of copyright-protected material, then that's fine by me. However, he/she is not going to be using AV Forums, as a way to find out where such a facility exists!

Now, is that inarticulate enough for you, Mr P?! :nono:

Pooch

All correct imo although re faust's post i think it's the mods job to berate other forum users for inappropriate posts.

can movie's be downloaded legally? i wasnt aware that they could be.

You may have been a bit !quick off the mark" there pooch put i agree with the general theme of your post. :smashin:

Gary

Movies can certainly be downloaded from American sites ( if you are american ) Blockbuster i believe has started offering this or maybe its Hollywood video, its going to be a big thing and might eventually replace the local shop.

I have no idea if the UK offers downloads of movies but my feeling is it will happen here as its happening in America.

Cheers foxy, i didnt know that :smashin:

Gary

I thought the original post was a legitimate question, notice how he/she mentions at a "reasonable cost" implying he/she wants to pay. From that I would conclude they are after legal downloads and not berate the poor person accusing them of wanting pirated material.

I think that guy was correct about you Pooch you can hardly call your initial post, emphasis on initial post, articulate by writing 2 solitary words over and over again... "Spam pirate". I'm sure that guy was not calling you in articulate just your post which was over the top in my opinion.

I don't condone piracy and Faust didn't appear to be asking about pirate sites. I think an apology is an order.

It would be easier if Faust explained what he was after in more detail, then the discussion can be carried out more objectively...otherwise close it down as it is going nowhere...

piracy is a crime, do not accept it...

He did. To my knowledge piracy is usually done by concenting file shares for free. Faust said that he would be willing to pay for the films. That would mean that asking where you could buy cheap dvds from would be tantamount to the same thing.

Had he said "I want free films where do you suggest" then, yeah, a berating would be in order. He didn't do this so no berating is necessary. Lex did the correct thing by saying that it was against the rules, Pooch went a bit over the top when a simple reminder of the rules would have been more in order.

When I read the first post I was under no impression that the request was for illegitimate movies - there are various sites which offer reasonably priced movie downloads/streaming as has been outlined above.

Hi,

Okay, I admit. My original post (the second one in the thread) was probably inappropriate. For that, I apologise. :oops:

However, I still stand by what I wrote in the other post of mine. To my mind, the words "downloading movies" in a forum post, usually means (or should be interpreted as) "Hey folks, where can I illegally download all the latest Hollywood movies for free, because I'm such a cheap :censored:, and don't believe in paying anyone for such things as films?!"

This question has been asked a lot of times, albeit under various guises. Nine times out of ten, it's been a request for illegal P2P sites, that offered the latest Star Wars film, or a Divx-rip of the newest LOTR sequel. Hence, my inital reaction!

I know people do download films, but it's piracy, and that means the prices for legitimate DVD's goes up! That ultimately means, I end up coughing-up more of my own hard-earned money, to keep you pirating :censored:'s in business! Something I'm not prepared to do! :mad:

So, unless Faust is willing to prove his/her innocence, then I'm going to presume that - like a lot of other previous requests - he or she is wanting illegal downloads, and not just websites that offer genuinely copyright free short films.

Prove me wrong, Faust, and I'll happily apologise to you and everyone else, for jumping the gun. But my Spidey sense says otherwise....!

Pooch

PoochJD said:
So, unless Faust is willing to prove his/her innocence, then I'm going to presume that...

No YOU prove him guilty. Thats how it works pal. A member with 173 posts thats been here two years almost certainly knows not to ask for illegal download sites. Legitimate download sites DO exist, thats clearly what he's asking about.

Ooooh,

Look's like I've kicked up a right storm, haven't I?!

Okay, in all fairness, people are innocent until proven guilty, but having been a Moderator before (although I'm not one at this time), I know a "dubious" question when I see one.

If Faust wants to clarify the matter, he/she can do so. But until then, I am going to go with my gut instincts on this one. Whether or not others wish to accept that Faust was looking for legal sites or illegal sites, is entirely at their discretion.

Pooch

FoxyMulder said:
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty :)

Micheal Howard got rid of it when he was Home Secertary :D

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom