1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounts on ebay

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by monkeyspank, Aug 30, 2005.

1. monkeyspank

monkeyspank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm looking for a projector mount for a Panny AE500. It's starting to look like I might have to make one as my budget is very limited.

The ones on ebay that go for about £30 - are they any use at all? They look cheap, but if they do the job then it will do for me.

Any ideas? Thanks chaps :)

Chris

2. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,640
    I bought a mount for my Tosh ET1 from an american company via ebay UK and it's easy,simple and most important cheap. It cost me about 25 quid and compared to the 3 figure sum tosh wanted for a mount then its been worthwhile. My whole setup inc 70" screen, et1, cabling and mounts/brackets cost less than 500 big ones, not bad.

I'd go for it

3. monkeyspank

monkeyspank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  4. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28,139
    I could wall mount, so an old TV bracket out of the loft did the job for me at no cost :thumbsup:

I'll post pics if anyone wants them, it's the kind of thing you can buy from argos for £19.99.

5. monkeyspank

monkeyspank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Unfortunately the only way I can wall mount is if there was a gap of about 1 foot between the wall and the back of the PJ :(

6. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    12" should be fine I have a gap of 17" between the back of my pj and the wall :)

edit: my AE500 is mounted on shelf 27" long and 12" wide :)

7. tonydsam

tonydsam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought a mount from ebay for my Epson TW10H and it seems very good. Very easy to put together, good instructions and most importantly only cost about £24 including p+p. I believe I bought my Universal Mount from kramerica_incorporated.

8. SJGIL

SJGIL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I purchased my PJ mount on ebay for my ET1 for about £25 delivered and it works a treat. Very simple design and took 10 mins to mount to the ceiling. If you have a look at the "FAO Toshiba ET1 Owners" thread I have posted some pics of the PJ and the mount so you can see for yourself if it will work for you.

This is a link to the one I purchased if interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22610&item=5769137242&rd=1

I am very happy with mine and would recommend this mount to anyone as seems to fit pretty much any PJ out there. The ad gives your all the info you need to assess if it will fit your PJ before you order so you can buy with confidence that it will fit.

9. donkeymagic

donkeymagic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought my mount from Kramerica off ebay. Comes with good instructions and all the bits you need to ceiling mount. It took no more than 10 mins to install and is good quality. It cost about £24 delivered and only took 7 days to arrive.

10. monkeyspank

monkeyspank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sweet, I'll get one from Kramerica in that case.

Thanks everyone for the information. It is really appreciated ;)