1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting wall bracket fot LCD tv

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by spen71, Oct 23, 2005.

1. spen71

spen71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I recently bought a Samsung LCD tv. The wall it is to be fixed to is plasterboard, a small gap and then brick. I have tried the screw it come with and then 8mm x 80mm hammer and fix. Neither were very sturdy and some of the screws just span. What is the best way of fitting this please?

2. dancuprar

dancuprar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i can think of a couple of ways, i fixed my 42" to a platerboard wall and just used heavy duty toggle fixings with 2 woodscrews where it fell in line with a timber stood.

The other way would be to cut out the plasterboard where the TV is going to go using a sharp stanley knife or something (save the peice as you may need it to patch the hole in the future, this would be easily done with filler etc and then paint over it, good as knew).

i would then get two peices of timer about 4 inches wide, and as thick as the depth between the face of brick and face of plasterboard. You could then plug and screw the two peices to the wall just to hold them in place while you drill for the bracket.

I would use raw bolts, that are long enough to go through the timber and bracket and fix into the block wall.

hope this helps

Dan

3. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  4. spen71

spen71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since I have posted this I have took some plasteboard off and found that the chimney breast is not in the best of condition. I do not think that It would even take battens and the weight of the tv. :confused: I think it will have to be rebuilt so will get a builder friend of mine to look at it. Thanks for the advice anyway.