Question Mounting screen ideas

timmers

Hi
I need ideas on how I mount my screen please? Can’t get my head around a plan.
mum not helped by the fact that the ceiling slopes.
so I have speakers on a shelf behind the screen and the screen currently hangs from the centre hook in the picture.
I need to make screen square to the projector so have my string ready!
I can’t work out how I start! Because if attach something sort of frame to the wall how do I know it’s the right distance? I know I’m being a plum but I just can’t work it out!

Attachments

timmers

So...having the screen down has helped. I think if I get someone to hold a length of timber on the ceiling I can measure and mark on the wood where the corner of the screen would be and well I think that would work. Possibly. Maybe.

timmers

Actually. That’s not going work cos of the bloody slopey ceiling! Groan

timmers

I’m thinking out loud by the way

jamieu

I'd give up on the idea of hanging it from the ceiling and just mount a long timber batten on the wall, either on blocks (to bring it out over the shelf/speakers) or maybe three or four lengths screwed on top of each other if that's easier.

Then use some z-clips/brackets to hang the frame — you'll probably find that your screen has slots or a groove in the frame for this kind of mounting already, so you only need one side of the bracket, or you may even have some brackets already if your screen came with them.

That will be far easier to get get level with a spirit level, you then just need to hang the frame on the brackets/z-hooks.

E79E2903-DE41-4430-8521-CC49E5DB91AE copy.jpg

Last edited:

timmers

Ok. Sorted I think. Just a 4x2 between the left and right wall.
cheers for listening! LOL

timmers

I'd give up on the idea of hanging it from the ceiling and just mount a long timber batten on the wall, either on blocks (to bring it out over the shelf/speakers) or maybe three or four lengths screwed on top of each other if that's easier.

Then use some z-hooks/brackets to hang the frame — you'll probably find that your screen has slots or a groove in the frame for this kind of mounting already, so you only need one side of the bracket, or you may even have some brackets already if your screen came with them.

That will be far easier to get get level with a spirit level, you then just need to
hang the frame on the brackets/z-hooks.

View attachment 1326877
Hi. Thanks! I hadn’t refreshed screen before I waded in with my 4x2. Great minds. Thank you. I made the screen myself so no slots. Z hooks is the way forward.

jamieu

You could use 3 individual wall brackets, but to be honest it's probably easier to just use a length of baton — just short of the length of the screen — and pad it out the required depth from the wall with wooden blocks or a few more lengths of the same baton as that will make getting it level easier.

One thing to to be mindful of with the Z-clips is that the side that attaches to the frame sits higher, so you don't want the ones attached to the wall mounted flush to the ceiling, or else you won't be able to drop the screen down onto them :)

brackets.jpg

Last edited:

timmers

You could use 3 individual wall brackets, but to be honest it's probably easier to just use a length of baton — just short of the length of the screen — and pad it out the required depth from the wall with wooden blocks or a few more lengths of the same baton as that will make getting it level easier.

One thing to to be mindful of with the Z-clips is that the side that attaches to the frame sits higher, so you don't want the ones attached to the wall mounted flush to the ceiling, or else you won't be able to drop the screen down onto them :)

View attachment 1326907
Cheers...thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Physical Discs?, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom