Mounting Q Acoustics 3010i Parallel to Wall

djgibbon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've got a tricky issue that I can't seem to find the right solution to! Our sofa is back to the wall, so I need to mount my surrounds (Q Acoustics 3010i) parallel to the wall, pointing in toward the sofa. My understanding is that they should be mounted slightly above head height, and tilted slightly downward.

Problem is, I can find a mount that will do that for me! The official Q Acoustic mount only seems to swivel 45 degrees rather than 90, and due to the rounded bottom of the 3010is I don't think a side grip mount will get a purchase. Stand mounts aren't an option due to WAF. As far as I can see, my options are:
  • Get the official mount but screw the speaker on at 90 degrees to what it's "supposed" to be. Not hugely keen on this as it seems it'd put a lot of weight where it's not designed to go.
  • Get a side grip mount but grip the speaker front and back and give up on tilting inwards
  • Mount a small shelf and again give up on tilt
  • Something else?!?
I feel like I can't be the first person to want to do this and there must be a really obvious solution!

Cheers

Phil

a picture would paint a 100 words

without knowing where your walls are, the rears in a 5.1/7.1 setup should be pointing to the area above the MLP.

Hi all

I've got a tricky issue that I can't seem to find the right solution to! Our sofa is back to the wall, so I need to mount my surrounds (Q Acoustics 3010i) parallel to the wall, pointing in toward the sofa. My understanding is that they should be mounted slightly above head height, and tilted slightly downward.

Problem is, I can find a mount that will do that for me! The official Q Acoustic mount only seems to swivel 45 degrees rather than 90, and due to the rounded bottom of the 3010is I don't think a side grip mount will get a purchase. Stand mounts aren't an option due to WAF. As far as I can see, my options are:
  • Get the official mount but screw the speaker on at 90 degrees to what it's "supposed" to be. Not hugely keen on this as it seems it'd put a lot of weight where it's not designed to go.
  • Get a side grip mount but grip the speaker front and back and give up on tilting inwards
  • Mount a small shelf and again give up on tilt
  • Something else?!?
I feel like I can't be the first person to want to do this and there must be a really obvious solution!

Cheers

Phil
Hi Phil, did you find a solution for this? I've got the same problem
Cheers
Dave

I had a similar problem and just went with a small shelf in the end.
133848DA-88CD-4484-892F-D6024298403B.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom