Mounting pj screen to ceiling..

mrh1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I did ask this in another section but got no responce, so I'll ask here :)

What type of eye hook or fitting I should use to mount a 10 yr old Da-Lite manual pull down projector screen to the ceiling, this is going in an upstairs bedroom. The screen is the same width as the joists on the loft which is nice. just wondering what people would recommend.
Sorry if this has all ready been asked before..
Regards,
Martin

Last edited:
When you say same width as a joist are you running it with the joist? If you can pick a joist up simply screw a couple of screws at either end straight through the ceiling into the joist above.

When you say same width as a joist are you running it with the joist? If you can pick a joist up simply screw a couple of screws at either end straight through the ceiling into the joist above.

Hi thanks for the reply, what I'm asking is what sort of screw should I use??
When I look around my local DIY sheds I cannot seem to find anything suitable to use.

Regards,

Martin

Well any general purpose wood screw would do a sufficient job of holding the screen up. 4-6 good fixes dependant on the holes in your screen. (as long as you don't start swinging on it), something that bites into the joist by at least an inch. 10 x 3 inch would be more than enough I would think.

The Da-lite screens have large swinging loop hooks on each end on top of the screen, don't think there is any way I could general wood screws, I need something with a hook or loop to hang the screen from.

I think the advice given by Richard and Adam are along the lines you want to be thinking.

I understand your trepidation though... if it was me, I'd screw the eye/hook you select into a piece of scrap wood joist and hang roughly 1.5 - 2 times the weight you'd need it to support overnight to see what happens. If nothing else, it would give you the confidence in its capabilities! :)

John

OK thats great thanks for all the advice..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom