mounting pj- pls help

Ewan154

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I tried to put my projector up at the very top of the wall. Problem is everything went wrong:(

I drilled 2, 10mm holes at the very top of the wall. I thought the plasterboard would be hollow, but to my surprise it was hollow for about an 1 inch then there was very hard wood.

I cut a bit off a super toggle plasterboard plug and put them in the holes, now here is where every thing went wrong:(

Went I put the screws in the plug moved about.

In the end, I called it a day and filled in the holes.

What should i use for the bit at the top of the wall that is hollow for about an inch? further down the wall it is hollow.

This is the mount I'm using
PM103 Universal Projector Wall Mount Bracket Telescopic: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Any advice/suggestion?

I would like to try and use the holes that I have already drilled and filled in.
(if I can:suicide:)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
How thick do you think the wall is. Are you sure it is very hard wood and not brick. What PJ are you tying to mount, I see your sig says HD700X but not sure if that is old or new PJ. If new it is a light weight which means you can cut a simple 2" x 1" slot and stick a block of wood in there and use a coach bolt to secure it to the hard wood, if that is what it is. Then screw into the wood, remember to make pilot holes.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. The Optoma 700x is the light light weight one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom