1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting Mission M7DS suggestions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Matt, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    My living room is being replasters so i am taking the opertunity to get my Mission M7SD rear speakers mounted where i want them I am going to be putting the cable in the wall and then connecting them to the speakers.

Because of the low profile i cannot use banana plugs so will either connect them directly or use spades (never tried them before).
    I will probably use some CAT5 cable for the rears thought not sure whether a single run or 3 plaited ones.
    How can i make sure that the cables will not dissapear down the hole in the wall never to be seen again? I'll probably use a blanking plate for the cable exit.
    Is the best way of mounting the speakers just a pair of screws in the eyelets?

2. rdcox

rdcox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Matt,

I've got mine wall mounted with the 2 screws and it is fine. I embedded a standard single mounting box into the wall and had the cable feed into that - to stop it falling through the hole I simply put a loose knot in it although I guess you could stick something to it or wrap some tape around it to stop it falling through.

Cheers

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    The speakers hang on screws you put in the wall, if you put the screws out far enough the speakers will hand as you wish, i had mine pointing down by about 15 degrees.