Mounting Mission M7DS suggestions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Matt, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    My living room is being replasters so i am taking the opertunity to get my Mission M7SD rear speakers mounted where i want them I am going to be putting the cable in the wall and then connecting them to the speakers.

Because of the low profile i cannot use banana plugs so will either connect them directly or use spades (never tried them before).
    I will probably use some CAT5 cable for the rears thought not sure whether a single run or 3 plaited ones.
    How can i make sure that the cables will not dissapear down the hole in the wall never to be seen again? I'll probably use a blanking plate for the cable exit.
    Is the best way of mounting the speakers just a pair of screws in the eyelets?

2. rdcox

rdcox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Matt,

I've got mine wall mounted with the 2 screws and it is fine. I embedded a standard single mounting box into the wall and had the cable feed into that - to stop it falling through the hole I simply put a loose knot in it although I guess you could stick something to it or wrap some tape around it to stop it falling through.

Cheers

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    The speakers hang on screws you put in the wall, if you put the screws out far enough the speakers will hand as you wish, i had mine pointing down by about 15 degrees.