Mounting bracket for £20-30

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JonMace, Oct 6, 2004.

1. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    This does not work if you need to place the PJ in the midle of the room or you have a non square PJ.

But if the above is OK the a simple TV plus Video braket screwed into the oppisete wall from the screen will do you.

Lose the plate for the TV and use the small frame that holds the VCR, these are very ajustable but will only fit a rectangle, make sure the mount does not block any in/out vents.

Can only be wall mounted but cheap :D

2. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought about this but didn't see any that looked as though the TV part was detachable. I'm currently looking at Microwave brackets - possibly a bit uglier and no cable management but only £13.99 in Argos.

I did consider a universal speaker mount but they all seem to stop at around 30cm... just a tad too small.

3. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    Not sure that a microware Bracket will work due to the fact it is normally a shelf, or the dimencianes of a microwarve are so much higher than a PJ.

What I have done is use a TV / Video bracket, they all allow you to take them apart for ajustment. So at that point you lose the tray for the TV the Video mount is underdeath this is where you place the PJ.

I will try and place some pics over the weekend

4. bentleg

bentleg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi
    I’ve been using speaker brackets to mount my projectors, and have had great results, last night i finally got round to mounting my AE700, will post some pics l8r when I get home from work, if any ones interested???

5. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely interested, also could you share the make of brackets and where you got them from?

Ditto to you Jon.. which video bracket did you buy? Was it the AVF one that you see in most places?

6. sye7euk

sye7euk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be interested in this also as I am going to put mine on a back wall.

Thought of just putting a shelf up but a TV/Speaker bracket will alow for more flexability. Post those pics if you have them :smashin:

Steve

7. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also if I might go off on a slight tangent, I'm going to be mounting on a cavity wall. No idea what it's made out off but it seems very rigid, lol. I assume 9lbs of projector is not going to be too much for any of these brackets in this situation, but what kind of fixings should I use?

8. bentleg

bentleg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  9. bentleg

bentleg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi
    Please excuse pic quality dint have time to go fiddling round with me digital cam.
    the speaker bracket name is B-tech and I picked them up from a local electronics shop in Mansfield but that’s all the info I have.

hopefully the pics will explain themselves better than what I can do, normally the speakers are meant to sit on the adjustable plate and be gripped in place, but all that has been removed and the adjustable plate turned upside down still giving you the option to swivel and tilt in all directions.

I had to make a plate with holes drilled in the positions relating to the projector and the adjustable one that came with the bracket then all I had to do was bolt the two together. :thumbsup:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/t.bentley1/pages/images.htm

10. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Resurrecting this topic with a question for Jon (or anyone who uses a VCR mount):

Do you find it difficult to get the projector sitting absolutely level, so it's shooting directly at the screen? I know of people who use a TV mount (but sit it on the plate above the harness you use) and say it was a nightmare getting it level. I imagine this problem would be compounded when you are hanging it beneath the bracket?

11. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    When i put it up origionally it was for a Sony HS1, which I modified the base on and did not use the VCR tray but mounted the modified base directly to the TV bracket. This modifed base gave some ley way for movement.

Therefore I put the bracket up by eye, now I have the 700 in the VCR tray I have found it is slightly out, but have remedied this by slightly lowering one ond of the screen, unless it was pointed out you would not know

12. fhSpacey

fhSpacey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey bentleg - thats pretty cool, I think ill do it too :smashin: